The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all, here is a short video we did of the Exige using a RC Cameraship. Just some fun...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lJpaheivyko&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lJpaheivyko&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

or search Youtube for Lotus Exige - Helicopter

All the best
Jim:nanner2::coolnana::nanner:

:popcorn:

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
very cool...now tell me the truth - do you fly that thing outside the neighbors' bedroom windows at night?:D

nice stripes by the way...did you have them done at HRM?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi there, Mark Starr and his guys at HRM did the stripes, The p.o. did the HI-Int lights, Stage 2 and the K40 and the Cold Air Intake as far as I know.

And as for the bedroom... that's another video :crazyeyes

Jim

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
I'd like to get one of the copters !!! any links ?

·
Registered
9,297 Posts

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Very impressive! Nice work and really nice looking car :bow:

·
Registered
222 Posts
very nice, they pilot is steady with that thing... i noticed that the camera pans and tilts independent of the copter... is the pilot also controling the cam or is there another operator with a monitor? it would be great if you could find a closed circuit and do a vid at speed!

Also, what filter did you add to the video to give that saturation effect? it really makes the car look great... nice stripes by the way!

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
maybe you can bring that thing to gpny next time we go karting :D

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Can any RC heliocopter do this or is this something specifially designed to handle the weight of a camera? My friend tried connecting a camera to his RC heliocopter, but all we got was some great footage of the camera falling from the sky at a few hundred feet up :p

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Awesome! I assume its a special helicopter built just for filming?

If you have a higher res video you should put it on vimeo or something (I hate youtube quality)

edit: read the youtube link (duh), its a Joker-USA, but must be a custom video setup?

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Absolutely stunnig!
BTW this is my twin brother except for the wheels color.
i had thought for a min it was your car....

great video! flying those things are tricky, i have a training rc copter, still struggling with it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Jim did you not sell your car awhile ago? I remember seeing it for sale.

Great video BTW.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
HI There It is a Joker CX and is availabler from Joker-USA. However we have replaced all the parts with Carbon Fiber, added an independant fro camera mount capable of three axis movemenobt all vibration isolated. We also added a downlink so a second person can operate the camera idependantly of what the pilot is doing with the heli.
Right now the way it is built and set -up it would cost approc. $5000 to replace without the Hi-def camera.
Thanks Jim

1 - 20 of 24 Posts