The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
American Performance Drivers Club

I would imagine anyone here interested in buying a membership at a place like Spring Mountain already knows about this, but for anyone who doesn't there's a private driving club planned on the Willow property. Condos, garages, clubhouse, instruction, arrive + drive, etc. are being planned...there's an event on Monday if you are interested in early pricing, etc.

Just posting for info if anyone is interested, call Matt for details (number on site). I might make it over around lunch time...

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Nothing yet built and they want LOTS of your money to join. Hope it works out in this economy. Would be fun if it did.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
I can't say that I have done research, but my impression is that it is a poor business model and a worse scenario for members just from what I have heard.

Cost will be nearly 3 times that of CSM for membership and monthly dues, yet you will have 1/8th the track time on a single configuration track which is not only boring after a few days but uni directional.

CSM took nearly 5 years to get where it is now and started with a VERY inexpensive investment by members as they did not have much to offer other than a track. Not to mention that track is 3.5 miles long and can be run in 5+ different configurations and you get a minimum of 16 days PER MONTH on track!

Don't waste your money on this. Drive two hours further to CSM. For the cost of Club Willow you could have a garage AND membership at CSM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts