1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Nice :) I can't wait to see and hear what this car is like.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
The Dinos were some of the most beautiful bodywork ever wrapped around a chassis. Not a real Ferrari? This is not something a true enthusiast would utter.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
yea lambos are so cool, they have such great racing pedigree...NOT, id rather have that DINO than a Gallardo anyday where do i sign up?

although lambos are cool cars, IMO they are the ULTIMATE poser mobiles

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Who car argue with this face... do you think he was worried about the social status of owning a fancy car? :shrug:

Attachments

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Don't see how it'll be cheaper unless it's mass-produced at the Fiat factory. Even if it MSRPs at $20k, the F-car dealers are going to be charging a hefty spaghetti tax.

As I told a friend the other evening as we were walking past a valet stand: I'd take a late 60's GTV over any modern F-car.

I was apparently born a couple of decades late.
;)

·
Registered
545 Posts
So..... Uh.... any more word on the F149? Tail lights look nice:popcorn:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Everything I've read about this car states it will actually cost around/more than the F430 and will NOT be a cheaper Ferrari. It will be front-engined V8 for those who find the F430 slightly impractical but don't want to buy a V12.

Even Ferrari CEO confirmed that...
This is true.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Ok, without trying to start a war...

Isnt Dino to Ferrari like Bentley is to RR? RR used to have the exact same bodies as the bentley, they just put the smaller engines in there. They shared all the same company owners, designers, manufacturing, etc. Just a cheaper version? Wasnt that pretty much true till what 2000 with the Arnage and the Silver Seraph?

So who ever made the first comment about the 50k bentleys was pretty much spot on...its just a "diluted" Rolls-Royce?

Then who ever sad lamborghini didnt make crappy cars? Remember the Jalpa, Shilhouettte or the Jarama? No, because the sucked!!

The Jalpa was designed to be exactly the same as the Dino. Cheaper, smaller version.

So whats wrong with that? Figured most people here would like cheaper smaller cars that can really move.

·
Registered
592 Posts
That's how I view this Dino, the 340 has evolved that model line to a supercar level, they lack any back to basics sports car and that's where this Dino fits in.
The new Ferrrari will not be a back to the basics sports car. It will be more of a doctors Grand Tourer like the Mercedes SL with a retractable hard top and lots of comfort and electronic features. The 430 successor will migrate to a smaller, lighter, more hard core car but it will move up in price significantly.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
well that's no fun.
the latest Car & Driver has the Ferrari California shown as the "affordable" car being developed. A 2+2 front engined car guessed to be anywhere between 120k and 150k. It' to be built on the Maserati GT platform.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
??? umm what happened to this thread? what was wrong with my post? im so confused...

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
The new Ferrrari will not be a back to the basics sports car. It will be more of a doctors Grand Tourer like the Mercedes SL with a retractable hard top and lots of comfort and electronic features. The 430 successor will migrate to a smaller, lighter, more hard core car but it will move up in price significantly.

This is a car designed to be a practical V8 car (not mid-engined) that anyone can enjoy, at a more reasonable price, but not cheap by any means...not even sort of cheap. Still will cost Ferrari money.

Kind of sad IMO, because it shows that Ferrari is forgetting about making sports cars and instead making fashion accessories :p

·
Registered
9,297 Posts

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
And you can pretty much forget about buying a new Ferrari, any new Ferrari, unless you are already a Ferrari owner.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
if i bought one of them shirts listed on ferrari . com, the put me on the top of the list? hell i paid 200$ on a lambo shirt... really...:thwack:

·
Registered
11,221 Posts

My point exactly :p

And you can pretty much forget about buying a new Ferrari, any new Ferrari, unless you are already a Ferrari owner.
You can, but it's very difficult and requires a lot of patience..

if i bought one of them shirts listed on ferrari . com, the put me on the top of the list? hell i paid 200$ on a lambo shirt... really...:thwack:

I bought a Ferrari cap from Ferrari/Maserati of Greenwich for $25. You got ripped off. :)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts