The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just took deliver of a BRAND NEW FINAL EDITION EXIGE #23 of #25. Interesting story.

I was in the process of buying #19 from a guy who "LOST HIS TITLE" and would not send me pictures so beware of him. His name is Jack and lives in Saint Louis.

To say the least I was furious this guy wasted a whole week of my time to find out he "LOST HIS TITLE" who loses a Title when they are selling the car????-eek- In any case it prompted me to look for another FE online. To my surprise Manhattan Motor Cars had #23 for Sale but had a pending buyer. The dealer said if the guy does not call by the next morning Its mine. To say the least I was frantic all night but I ended up being the lucky one. The FE was BRAND new never titled or owned. It was stored at Manhatan Motor Cars and was just put up for sale. These FE's are IMPOSSIBLE to find so I was truly fortunant.

FEW PICS - MORE COMING

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
Congratulations.... enjoy the car.

I believe I had seen this exact car there in February inside the showroom then, not upstairs in the garage. I was in having my Gallardo serviced.

Awesome car.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Congrats! I actually thought about that car when I was debating Exige vs Evora, but I decided on the Evora. (And I don't think I could live with matte black, as awesome as it looks).

But... Where's the rear view??

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
What color are you going to paint it?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
"It is so black! Light just falls into it"

That could be Bruce Wayne's track car! Awesome, best looking of the Exige cars.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MORE PICS

So the Matte Paint Looks Great however sucks to maintain. I found a MIcro Fiber Towel and diluted simple green take away all water spots and oil marks. (Trick on learned from my 2012 Ducati Streetfigter Matte Black Bike). I just completed the following exterior enhancments.

1- Black Nose/Wheel BAdges
2- WIndow Tint
3- Rear View Mirror Delete.
4- Laminex Tail Lights
5- Laminex Side Markers
6- Laminex Front Turn Signals.

Next week MATTE 3m Paint protection Film will be applied to the hood and front bumper.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks great, you'll love it. A little more than a year with mine and it's still incredible.
This will be my 4th Exige, but the First S260. Much improved from my 2007 models.:clap:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Awesome color! I had to chuckle a bit when you mentioned the purchase story.... the whole "pending buyer" line.... typical for Manhattan Motor Cars or any shifty car salesman. I'll bet they used that other buyer as leverage to get full sticker price as well....
You've got a wonderful car there, I hope you are going to put it to good use! Just think about all the money your going to save on wax!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts