The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for your elaborate synopsis on your thoughts on the new site. For me, and a lot of us, it's way better than the previous model, especially on mobile. As a developer myself, end users seem to be the biggest babies when it comes to change. In the end they adapt, learn to navigate, and become very comfortable in the new flavor of what you were used to in the past. Keep in mind that there are people who worked very hard and are very proud of what they presented. Pretend like you just joined the forum. It's actually quite nice.

(is that better, mods? Less rude? Better attitude?)

·
Super Moderator
6,546 Posts
Thanks for your elaborate synopsis on your thoughts on the new site. For me, and a lot of us, it's way better than the previous model, especially on mobile. As a developer myself, end users seem to be the biggest babies when it comes to change. In the end they adapt, learn to navigate, and become very comfortable in the new flavor of what you were used to in the past. Keep in mind that there are people who worked very hard and are very proud of what they presented. Pretend like you just joined the forum. It's actually quite nice.

(is that better, mods? Less rude? Better attitude?)
As someone who has been in the IT industry for 30+ years, I think you're being very presumptuous in assuming "a lot of us" think it's way better. If you had access to the area behind the curtains, you'd realize how wrong you are.

If calling the forum members "the biggest babies" is your attempt at being less rude and having a better attitude, you've failed.

San

·
Registered
44 Posts
As someone who has been in the IT industry for 30+ years, I think you're being very presumptuous in assuming "a lot of us" think it's way better. If you had access to the area behind the curtains, you'd realize how wrong you are.

If calling the forum members "the biggest babies" is your attempt at being less rude and having a better attitude, you've failed.

San
Nobody called out the forum members specifically. "End users" is a pretty broad stroke. As a fellow techie, you know as well as anybody that they have to be taken into account during any SDLC stage. This is not the only thread on this topic and although I do not have access to the other side of your curtain, I have read plenty of remarks on how much better the new format is.

·
Wingless Wonder
5,396 Posts
Hey @oldmansan I bet there is a lot of 'ink' in the Area51 area (which is for Mods/Admins only)...just like the AG forum I am a Mod in.

We changed to the format a few months ago which is why I try to help others here find their 'missing stuff' that SEEMED to disappear when the Xenforo software was implemented.

·
Super Moderator
6,546 Posts
Hey @oldmansan I bet there is a lot of 'ink' in the Area51 area (which is for Mods/Admins only)...just like the AG forum I am a Mod in.

We changed to the format a few months ago which is why I try to help others here find their 'missing stuff' that SEEMED to disappear when the Xenforo software was implemented.
Not really. This clearly wasn't planned well, and the lack of administrative tools makes it difficult to perform even basic functions.

San

·
Registered
941 Posts
If I post to an existing category/thready why doesn't it show up in New Posts? Often, this is the area I check unless I'm looking for something specific. I posted to an existing thread looking for a little technical help but without showing as a New Post I doubt it has much exposure. The old format would show it as a New Post. Is there another step I need to take?

·
Wingless Wonder
5,396 Posts
Often you need to wait 5 - 10 minutes before a post is 'listed'.

Have you looked in FOLLOWING? Click your avatar for this list.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts