The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Been lurking many forums for a while. Huge car/truck/Dirtbike/anything with wheels enthusiast here to learn about cars I may have interest in owning in the near future. I am in the market for a new toy and wanting to read up on as much info as possible. I love to build up cars and have a lot of pride in ownership of anything I own! Currently have a decked out 2015 Tacoma, Stock 2017 Mercedes C300, and my fun car is a 2009 R56 Mini Cooper S 6 speed!

-John

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome! I have an R55 JCW that has been a great little family car.
I love my R56 it’s been super fun!... but it’s time to start knocking dream cars off my list! its also a high mileage car with 135,000 miles but I purchased it off the original owner all stock 2 years ago! Thanks much

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to LT! Which Lotus is on your wish list??
Welp that’s why I’m here! I’ll be honest I love all cars and I love all small quirky stick shift cars! With a 3 mile commute to my office and a love for motoring I have a great setup to keep something nice for a long time! I’m looking at many cars currently. Actually just went to test drive an Evora 2+2 and I liked it a lot but it wasn’t the example I’m looking for!! Currently Gawking over late model Elises!!! For someone like me these cars just make sense.

·
Registered
2010 Mini R56
2 Posts
Hi Johnny, I'm in a similar situation as you, lurker/drooler - hopeful to buy. My DD is a '10 R56 with the dealer JCW add-on. I just picked up an '07 that had an engine failure, that'll be my project to fix/flip once we get settled into our new home. If you are ever down in Southeast IN let me know!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Johnny, I'm in a similar situation as you, lurker/drooler - hopeful to buy. My DD is a '10 R56 with the dealer JCW add-on. I just picked up an '07 that had an engine failure, that'll be my project to fix/flip once we get settled into our new home. If you are ever down in Southeast IN let me know!
very cool! I’m in the SW burbs of Chicago. The Minis are extremely fun! Every time I think about selling it.... I go for a drive!

it’s only a matter of time before I take the plunge into something else so I am learning as much as I about the Lotus cars!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FYI highly recommend Nuccio Auto Group just west of Chicago (Addison). Probably the most knowledgable Lotus seller in the area. That's where I got mine :)
Much appreciated! I check their inventory very often but have never had a referral or known anything about them. Doing loads of research into many different cars to determine the route I want go! I have a weird soft spot for those Alfa 4Cs and oddly the new Supra.... but I don’t think I can give up the stick shift for a fun car even at the expense of a “struggling” 0-60 time. Cool to see how many people on here have owned both!

I will DM you if I use them maybe for some referral points ;)

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,557 Posts
HowD. Allow me to offer you some advice. Go test drive a Elise... That is what everyone said to me. I just continued asking questions for another year or so before I bought mine in 2010. I quit asking questions after I finally test drove one. Or rather my questions changed from. "how can I get 400hp and weight down to 1800lbs" before owning, to " I must have a CO Exige."

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HowD. Allow me to offer you some advice. Go test drive a Elise... That is what everyone said to me. I just continued asking questions for another year or so before I bought mine in 2010. I quit asking questions after I finally test drove one. Or rather my questions changed from. "how can I get 400hp and weight down to 1800lbs" before owning, to " I must have a CO Exige."
I definitely need to thanks! I have to drive one

·
Registered
324 Posts
Welcome. I am also SW suburbs and have an F56 mini. I will also recommend Nuccio Auto Group. They are great to deal with, and they seem to always have a supply of Lotus in stock. I have dealt with them on on 3 car deals so far, and they have been great.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome. I am also SW suburbs and have an F56 mini. I will also recommend Nuccio Auto Group. They are great to deal with, and they seem to always have a supply of Lotus in stock. I have dealt with them on on 3 car deals so far, and they have been great.
i appreciate it!!! They have a couple right now I’ve been looking at! I need to see about making a move soon here but have been researching still. Thanks!

Before I get rid of the cooper I decided to use it as a lab rat today to learn how to wrap! Didn’t do as good as I would’ve liked but did the roof of my R56 in satin khaki green Avery Dennison.
C8CCD61A-4967-4038-B984-43E758FBD0C2.jpeg

·
Registered
324 Posts
i appreciate it!!! They have a couple right now I’ve been looking at! I need to see about making a move soon here but have been researching still. Thanks!

Before I get rid of the cooper I decided to use it as a lab rat today to learn how to wrap! Didn’t do as good as I would’ve liked but did the roof of my R56 in satin khaki green Avery Dennison. View attachment 1263086
One of my favorite color combos. I wrapped my exige the same colors. I started with a couple of hood/roof wrap jobs with a couple friends, and then decided to try this.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One of my favorite color combos. I wrapped my exige the same colors. I started with a couple of hood/roof wrap jobs with a couple friends, and then decided to try this. View attachment 1263090
Looks unreal!!! Yes this was my first experience with the product. I figured it was the right car to try it on! Lot more confident if I were to do something more expensive now! Too cool. Your Exige looks unbelievable!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I’m originally a Kentucky not, but have been in the cornfields of Illinois the last 25 years and just committed to a Lotus Evora 400 today - pick it up in 3 days and am new here.

appreciate the posts above recommending Nuccio as there’s no options here in the hinterlands...

Kevin

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I’m originally a Kentucky not, but have been in the cornfields of Illinois the last 25 years and just committed to a Lotus Evora 400 today - pick it up in 3 days and am new here.

appreciate the posts above recommending Nuccio as there’s no options here in the hinterlands...

Kevin
Very cool congrats! I have not pulled the trigger on a car myself yet! I am all over the place

1 - 18 of 18 Posts