The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I'm new here. I am a college student who is in a local mechanic school right now. I am passionate about Lotus and the cars they make and want to own one in a few years (and possibly restore one).

I live in Farmington Hills, MI and I saw an orange Elise in Novi tonight at Olive Garden (I'm not sure if you're on the forum) and it had an Auto Europe plate frame on it.

So I just wanted to introduce myself.

Bill I

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I used to live in Farmington Hills, but have migrated to the promised land. It was probably Kestrel that you saw.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Hi Bill...........Welcome!!! :wave:

It was probably Kestrel that you saw.
Especially since you said it was at Olive Garden. -poke-

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
Nope...wasn't me.....could've been karajabola or there's another CO guy in Novi.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
But I'll sell you my Europa for cheap. Check out the link in my sig.

·
Registered
364 Posts
That was me. Date night with the wife.

There seems to be a small hub of Elise owners in the Livonia, Farmington Hills area. Saw a gray one in the strip mall off of Grand River where the Ace Hardware is today also.

Welcome to the forums, glad to see there's another one that's got the bug. Set a goal and stick to it, I know the feeling, being in a position to get one took my wife and I several years.

Of course its totally worth the struggle in the end. :shift:

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Get to know the guys at Auto Europe. Real Lotus guys and maybe you can work there some day. Learn from Charles. He is one of the best if not the best Lotus mechanic I have met.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the welcomes and the info guys. My goal is to be a sports car mechanic and if I could somehow get in with Auto Europe or another Lotus dealer, that would be amazing. But for now, I'm in school so I can get a job I love.

Even though I obviously do not own a Lotus, I figured it would be helpful for me to read up on Lotus as much as I can. Looks like a great site.

Bill

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Welcome :wave:

Even though I obviously do not own a Lotus, I figured it would be helpful for me to read up on Lotus as much as I can. Looks like a great site.
Your right, you can find anything about lotuses on here...and if by any off chance you cannot find something theres lots of people that can give you good info.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Stay in school and I'm someday we will see you at a get together someday. :) If you ever see a red Elise around the Brighton/Howell/Hartland area that is probably me.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
See if you can work part time or help out at Auto Europe? Get your foot in the door and learn from them.

They are really nice guys. Known them for over 20 years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts