The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just picked up my 2006 Lotus Exige on Friday from member AXExige. I flew out to Long Island and drove it back. Despite the long drive, I still had a blast and enjoyed it! Thank you to Anthony for making it a great transaction and an enjoyable trip.

I am surprising my husband with the car soon when he returns home from a month-long business trip. I've wanted this car since I first saw one in 2006. He has always wanted a Caterham Super 7, which we recently decided didn't fit our needs. I think this will be the perfect car for what we want! I've previous driven a Miata, 240sx, 2.5RS, STi, and our current daily vehicles are a 2012 BMW 335i and 2012 MINI Cooper S.

Sorry about the cell phone pics- I will be sure to get some real ones soon!

·
Registered
663 Posts
That's awesome.... that you like this stuff (cars) & are a girl!!!! If we could all be so lucky :)

My wife on the other hand had to take my saab + kids to someones house last week (she has a wrangler unlimited). The entire time she complained about the clutch being stiff (performance clutch), shifter beinig to short (have a short shift kit), lack of room & the list went on.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Beautiful car...
just when i swore off women, I find out that there are awesome ones out there :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha yes, my husband knew what he was getting into far before we were married. I've had some form of "sports car" since I was 14 when my dad bought me my first project car. It will always be a part of my life in some way. Although I do really enjoy my 335i, it's a little too cushy sometimes. :) We test drove a ton of cars before we (well I) finally decided on this beauty.

04ESPIRIT- You're right. I live in Dublin too!

·
Registered
219 Posts
ajp240,
I thought so. That's one of the few places in town I HAVEN'T taken pictures with my Esprit, though I do have it on my list!
Well, maybe I'll see you around town some weekend morning.
Also, there's a local Cars and Coffee group that usually does a spring and fall cruise to Hocking Hills. Lot's of fun and worth doing, at least once!
Congrats on the Exige. Need more pictures!:clap:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ajp240,
I thought so. That's one of the few places in town I HAVEN'T taken pictures with my Esprit, though I do have it on my list!
Well, maybe I'll see you around town some weekend morning.
Also, there's a local Cars and Coffee group that usually does a spring and fall cruise to Hocking Hills. Lot's of fun and worth doing, at least once!
Congrats on the Exige. Need more pictures!:clap:
I avoid most car events...I find them usually more irritating than fun. :( My friends and I are organizing a small cruise down to Hocking this weekend. It's much more fun by ourselves or with a small group. Less attention and easier to have fun. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts