The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, the name is Chris and I just got stationed at Fort Sam Houston, TX. Not a Lotus owner yet but have been eyeing the Elise for sometime. I just recently got back from Afghanistan and prior to that I deployed to Iraq for two seperate one year tours. I am an Army combat medic and my new job at Ft. Sam is to instruct all the new medics coming in the Army. I currently own a 2009 Lincoln MKX and a 2006 Eclipse GT. I bought a 2008 328i while I was stationed in Germany last year but the wife and I decided to trade it in due to my son joining the family this April. It was a sad day to see the bimmer go but the Lincoln is nice and the wife enjoys all the features. The Eclipse is mine and has been a project car for sometime. I recently realized I can stop dumping money into it and possibly move onto something new and more exciting. The Eclipse is paid off and I suppose I could keep it and get an Elise but I don't see the point in that. I am not sure what to do yet but you all here seem to be a good bunch of people and I hope to learn a lot about the Elise and hopefully find one soon. For now I'm just trying to learn what I can before the purchase. Anyway, that's all for now.....here's a link to my project car and the wife's car.

Doc's 06' Titanium 6spd. GT - Bamberg, DE

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Welcome to the board. You should get out to the track sometime and get a ride along in a Lotus. Harris Hills is not too far. That's when the real addiction begins.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the board. You should get out to the track sometime and get a ride along in a Lotus. Harris Hills is not too far. That's when the real addiction begins.
The current job doesn't allow much free time right now but hopefully soon that opportunity will present itself. I have been eyeballing a 2007 lotus elise at North Park Lincoln off San Pedro. It is a 35th anniversary addition w/ 11,2XX miles asking price is $38,000. I have never been a fan of black cars so it's making me very hesitant. I think I am going to keep looking though as I would prefer to buy one privately.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome,

This board is a great place to find a good car. I just got one about a month ago from a member. If you want to meet sometime I would be glad to show you my car and share what I learned in my search for a Lotus.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome,

This board is a great place to find a good car. I just got one about a month ago from a member. If you want to meet sometime I would be glad to show you my car and share what I learned in my search for a Lotus.
That sounds like a plan...I will be in conctact with you so we can set this up. I am located on 281 and thousand oaks.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got back from test driving the 2007 72D at North Park Subaru. It was an auctinon car from another dealer in town. Looks to be Gonzaba. Not sure and the fellas at Subi couldn't clear that up. Carfax was straight but with 11,2XX miles and asking price of 38,9XX I couldn't do it. Not to mention it was black and that is probably my last choice of color. The car didn't drive like I thought it would have either. It seemed poorly taken care of and all they (the dealer) seemed to care about was that it is a 72D. There was also a very annoying rattle coming from the passenger side door/window and it didn't seem like a normal rattle at all. Also, the interior was in bad shape although I know my standards are a little higher it was still disgusting to see a car that has been on their lot for 2 months and to not even have been detailed yet. All in all it wasn't the best experience and I just hope it was that Elise and the next one I test drive will be a better experience. Any thoughts...?

Here is the link
2007 Lotus Elise ELISE

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Don't get it. There are tons more out there. Get what you want.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Thanks for your Service Doc and welcome. I'm an army brat,my dad put in 26 years. I'd love to help you find a car. Give me a shout some time

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Just got back from test driving the 2007 72D at North Park Subaru. It was an auctinon car from another dealer in town. Looks to be Gonzaba. Not sure and the fellas at Subi couldn't clear that up. Carfax was straight but with 11,2XX miles and asking price of 38,9XX I couldn't do it. Not to mention it was black and that is probably my last choice of color. The car didn't drive like I thought it would have either. It seemed poorly taken care of and all they (the dealer) seemed to care about was that it is a 72D. There was also a very annoying rattle coming from the passenger side door/window and it didn't seem like a normal rattle at all. Also, the interior was in bad shape although I know my standards are a little higher it was still disgusting to see a car that has been on their lot for 2 months and to not even have been detailed yet. All in all it wasn't the best experience and I just hope it was that Elise and the next one I test drive will be a better experience. Any thoughts...?

Here is the link
2007 Lotus Elise ELISE
there are lots of cars in the 20s now.. although they are 05s..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts