The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lurking the site a few weeks thinking about buying a lotus Elise. I figured I would join where I could learn more abt the 06-7 Elise exige’s. I’m thinking about selling 2 cars and buying one that I can enjoy more often than just sitting in the garage keeping miles off of it. Would like to know the best aftermarket super chargers also boe 400 ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ty I’m in the Florence area .. 1989 tta#299 of 1550 34k miles and a 64 ss impala

·
Administrator
1,511 Posts
Welcome to LT! Spending some time reading back thru posts on SC will help you make your mind up as well as inform you on all the nuances of the Elise.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I will add though that you seem most familiar with much heavier cars, so you might be surprised to see how little it actually takes to make an Elise quick if you are willing to run the rpm where God intended them to be (8,500rpm)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah my lil 3.8’s make big torque down low don’t have to spin them hard .. but I love boost . I got my stock long block 87 gn to 10.97 3,770lb.. its all straight line looking for something that can do curves

·
Vendor
3,269 Posts
Since you have the choice, I would definitely look for a 2006 since it was NA you are not paying for or have to remove the SC to bolt on a Rev400. Our test mule with the Rev400 ran 11.9 at 119.7mph on dead street tires and stock shocks. Add some BWR Penskes, Swaybar and you have a corner carving street monster.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts