The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am a new member who has always been a huge fan of the elise/exige since I first ran into them playing racing games many years ago. Now that I am mildly more grown up an beginning to shop for my first elise. I know their are a few elise owners in WNY (Buffalo NY area), any of them on this forum?

·
Registered
902 Posts
Come on out to Rochester sometime. Like Nate said, there are quite a few Elises out here.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Are you in Buffalo?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in the suburbs of buffalo (Clarence). Looks like I just missed the last LOONY event by about a week. Looks like your next one is in just over a month, might have to come check that one out.

Sadly I must admit I have never even managed to sit my rear end in one of these cars, but have seen a few up close in person. If anyone would ever be willing to show me their Elise and perhaps let me see if I fit in the thing I would be eternally grateful as It hard to shop for a car you have never even sat in. (currently drive an 07 Miata primary so think I will fit)

Another thing I have been looking for is a solid place who can work an Elise. I found Black Forest Motorsports and they said they work on few Elise's but was unsure if they are the only show in town or what. It has proven harder then I guessed to find a mechanic who is familiar with the Lotus brand. My current mechanic didn't even know the Lotus brand off the top of his head. If anyone knows any other options of their go to guy for mechanic work let me know as well please.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well, I'm in Orchard Park- you're certainly welcome at my house. Also, Tony Vaccaro is a good person to know, so you may want to contact him through the LOONY site. He can answer any question you have.
You'll find tons of info on this site for mechanical work and most of it can be done at home.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
902 Posts
If you feel like coming out to Rochester, I can give you a ride in my 2005 Elise.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Looks like a future Elise owner has been solidified after tonight! :D:D:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts