The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of driving to Gwinnett, GA from my home in Athens to confirm this, but I thought I would ask you all first.

Anyways, so last night I was at a friends house when her father pulled up in a new RX-8. We were talking about his car and he said that he heard I was getting a Lotus. He said he saw a Lotus dealer in Gwinnett - near the infinity dealer and there was a red Elise parked out front. He claimed there was not many cars at all there; possibly 1 Esprit. He also said that he talked to a salesman and that the salesman told him that orders could be placed at this dealer.

Of course my jaw dropped because I thought there was only 1 Lotus dealer in GA - Lotus of Atlanta. So I started spewing out questions and he couldn't really answer any of them.

Do any of you guys know about this dealer? Is it the new Lotus Headquarters that I have heard you talking about - and not an actual dealer? If this is a dealer, are the allocations going to be split with LOA? Is that a federal spec car there? Is it one of the demos? Hopefully some of you know about this place - and I hope I shouldn't be worried about my allocation.

-Whit

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Whit,
The new Lotus USA facility is still in Lawrenceville off 316, that could be where he was. I certainly haven't heard talk of a second dealer.

Chris
PS>I'll find out Friday when I go to LCU

·
Registered
207 Posts
Paul Spruell is the dealer in Lawerenceville, GA. I don't know if he taking deposits or not. Last summer I saw an elise near the North Ga Premium Outlets (hwy 400 and 53). I caught up to the 2 young guys driving and gave them the thumps up. I called Paul Spruell and they told me it was a demo and probable one of his kids driving the elise. The only dealer I know of is Lotus of Atlanta on Roswell Road, also known as The Bimmer Store. I think Mr. Spruell might have sold his interest to Lotus of Atlanta. If we have another dealer taking deposits let me know. Current leasee of an 180TTRoadster.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Mr Spruell is one of the biggest POS's walking the earth. He sold his dealership to Lotus of Atlanta. THANK GOD.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
OneFastMiata said:
Mr Spruell is one of the biggest POS's walking the earth. He sold his dealership to Lotus of Atlanta. THANK GOD.
Yeah, what's the story on him? I almost put my deposit with him.... I'm glad I didn't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts