The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my second lift installed, it is the same as my other lift. It is a tight fit, but it works for me.
Ron

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Very Nice, Im thinking about gettin a lift too, How tall is the celling?
Where is a good source for those lifts?
Thx!

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Dear Ron
I hate you with the intensity of a sun going super nova:mad:

Not really
I'm more like:drool:
with a little:bow:
whole pile of :clap:
and a bunch of :up::up::up::up:

·
Back to the Future, again
6,154 Posts
You got me thinking all morning about this one... okay... I give in, where did you buy the lift and who did the install? I am going to check on the feasibility of doing it in my garage.

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
Congrats, Ron. Looks great!

This is the current state of my new garage. Per Ron's advice, it will have a 12' ceiling so I'll have adequate clearance for a 4-post lift. I'm getting mine from Greg Smith Equipment.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, my ceiling is 9 1/2' high. The lift is from, American Custom Lifts
in California # 888-711-5438. The install was done by, The Lift Guy (nick) # 714-642-5393. They are both great to work with.
Ron

·
6,154 Posts
Thanks guys, my ceiling is 9 1/2' high. The lift is from, American Custom Lifts
in California # 888-711-5438. The install was done by, The Lift Guy (nick) # 714-642-5393. They are both great to work with.
Ron
Thanks for the info. Hopefully, my garage can accommodate something like that. Looking to put motorcycles under the car more than anything else, really, just to clear out more space.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I don't know if you have worked on cars much, but a 2 post is better in almost every way. Those 4 post lifts are ok for parking cars or minor work like oil changes, but otherwise the ramps, platform and posts are in the way constantly.

Congrats, Ron. Looks great!

This is the current state of my new garage. Per Ron's advice, it will have a 12' ceiling so I'll have adequate clearance for a 4-post lift. I'm getting mine from Greg Smith Equipment.

·
6,154 Posts
Why not a single post with a full floor instead of a two post with the pivot support arms which need you to place them on the right jack points? I rather have a flat platform when lifting my cars up.

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Why not a single post with a full floor instead of a two post with the pivot support arms which need you to place them on the right jack points? I rather have a flat platform when lifting my cars up.

That's great for storing cars, but has NO access to work from underneath, or to remove the wheels and tires.

·
6,154 Posts
That's great for storing cars, but has NO access to work from underneath, or to remove the wheels and tires.
True, depending on your purposes. I have no mechanical acumen and I was looking at Ron's setup and thought I was going to do the same and just use it as storage and probably put the car on top and my motorcycles on bottom.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts