The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just talked to Overseas Motors in Dallas. I'm #23 there. They now have a second "gift car" for sale to the highest bidder. If anybody wants an Aztec Bronze car now, have at it!?!?!?!?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Re: Gift Car

huggy bear said:
Market value of that car should be less than MSRP because of the hideous color.:p
Not if you're MW and are planning to respray the car Lightning Yellow :)

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Gift? I thought I heard that Overseas ordered a Bronze car.

edit to add.. I AM NOT SURE ABOUT THIS. Lotus???

·
Registered
35 Posts
At one point, the rumor was that their demo was a bronze car (and that demos color/options were decided by Lotus USA, not by the dealerships.) So perhaps they are trying to sell off the demo??

Who knows. Overseas continues to unimpress me.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Gift? I thought I heard that Overseas ordered a Bronze car.
Are you suggesting that they're not honoring their list ? Please. They're stand up 'people' who just so happen to have been GIVEN two extra cars :D

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Like I've mentioned on the 19th

http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=81544#post81544

Overseas Dallas for example.
1 customer car
2 unallocated cars
no demo
no info on when the demo will show up
no idea where those unallocated cars came from
no idea how many cars they'll get or at what rate

It's not a trust thing, is that either they don't talk to LCU, or LCU is keeping them in the dark, or someone at the dealer does talk to them but is not letting the sales people know what is going on, or they are using all their energy to sell Jaguars...

I just don't know, the only thing left to do is to guess what is going on since we get no information.
Edit: And to top it all off, a buddy of mine saw a saffron yellow elise driving on 121 (demo car was supposed to be yellow), when I told them about the sighting they think it comes from some other dealer not from them.

But I can't help but to think that car was the demo.

·
Registered
591 Posts
No dealer would purposefully order an Aztec Bronze car for market value resale. They would order a safe color.

No sports car in recent memory has sold a high pecentage cars in gold or bronze. I think the last gold Corvette sold 6 cars in that year on a total volume of 30K-35K cars.

I think it is possible that Lotus wanted to put an Aztec Bronze car on the ground so the public could see hte color. Why they would choose Overseas is beyond me, but they(Overseas) do have the car. I will to go there Wednesday to take pictures of it.

Greg

·
Registered
677 Posts
Aztec Bronze ... Lotus must have sent Overseas a demo in this ugly color as punishment. Needless to say, I think Overseas must call every Elise they sell on the open market a "gift".

·
Registered
238 Posts
Honestly...on the 350z boards I'm on they posted a thread about what color you own...i was surprised to see sunset orange dominated any other color choice(all three silver colors added together beat it)...although like I said in the past the nissan color is not like a lot of other manufacturers....I actually like it
-Mike

and yes.... nissan did offer 3 different silvers last year

·
Registered
252 Posts
I was told by one of the salesmen about a week ago that they received one customer car and the first silver "gift" car they already sold. He then told me that they were going to get another "gift" car, another customer car, and their demo in a few weeks.

All I know is that I have a longer wait than I thought. Now it may be even longer.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
wonder if those "gift" cars match the specs desired by anyone on their (****)list

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I've got some horseshit that I'll wrap up in a box and put a bow on it. Perhaps Overseas can get a few thousand out of it. Gift car my ass. This is twice.

Grrrr....

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I would very much like to see Lotus USA make a statement regarding "gift cars".

I would like to hear directly from Lotus that they are (or are not) sending "extra" cars to dealerships in addition to customer ordered cars and one demo.

This is a clear-cut case where Lotus could clarify their position, and recover face.

Because right now it sounds like I will never get a car as long as Lotus is scattering them all willy-nilly instead of building them to order. Shame on them.

Every gift car to ANY dealer is a delivery delay to me. It's that simple.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>Every gift car to ANY dealer is a delivery delay to me. It's that simple.<<<

I can't speak for Lotus but it's not at all unusual for a manufacturer to have "pool" cars for their own purposes. For upcoming new dealers for example. For executives in the company or industry. For existing dealers as incentives or whatnot. For reasons of production efficency. Who knows? They are not really doing anything wrong or unusual if that is what is happening out there. Not only that but Elises are not just made for America. The rest of the world buys them too. So even if there were no pool cars the full plant capacity would not be dedicated to those on lists in America.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts