The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to my dealer the other day and emailed him back today on a topic that he slightly mentioned to me during conversation. The other day he said something about Lotus providing some type of roadside assistance, so i emailed him about this today. Here was his reply, but don't hold him to it, because i don't know if this is official or anything.

"Lotus is teaming up with a national company almost like triple A, to provide roadside assistance to Lotus customers. Examples; flat tires, out of gas, towing, etc...."

What do ya'll think?

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Not having a spare tire and with Lotus rep for not being the most reliable cars around, it should take the edge of those concerns. Also a bit of peace of mind for those of us already buying. It's a good move.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just emailed him back to see if this will be included in the warranty or an extra charge. Let ya'll know what i find out.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Considering 24hr roadside assistance was included in my lowly Volkswagen GTi, I would certainly expect this type of service for an exotic car.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Now that I think about it my Toyota back in '91 had it (for a year). It's nice to never have to use it. :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Its not a lotus experience

Everyone knows that half of the lotus experience is driving along in a Europa and suddenly with a clunk you see the rear wheel rolling past you as you scrape on the axle. Ask anyone who has been to a log in an older lotus and they'll have some neat story about how they still got their after their lotus broke down on the way. This roadside assistance will take all the fun out of owning a Lotus.:D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Re: Its not a lotus experience

boomboom said:
Everyone knows that half of the lotus experience is driving along in a Europa and suddenly with a clunk you see the rear wheel rolling past you as you scrape on the axle. Ask anyone who has been to a log in an older lotus and they'll have some neat story about how they still got their after their lotus broke down on the way. This roadside assistance will take all the fun out of owning a Lotus.:D
Or having the right front spring shoot through the fiberglass body of your elan.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I've had OEM provided road side assistance and it can be a very long wait. There are just too few providers in the network. Get AAA and your wait will be a lot shorter if you have trouble!

·
Registered
601 Posts
James A said:
I've had OEM provided road side assistance and it can be a very long wait. There are just too few providers in the network. Get AAA and your wait will be a lot shorter if you have trouble!
Lotus should offer what my previous Audi came with. Audi offered 24 hr roadside through AAA. They came very fast the couple times I needed them and Audi footed the bill every time no questions asked.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
James A said:
AAA? my last call to AAA resulted in a 5 hour wait in 95 degree heat. longer than that? :eek:

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
AAA is like any of the other roadside assistance providers. They contract local companies. They don't own or operate any themselves. More like franchises.

Another company that provides similar services is Cross Country Automotive Services. CCAS handles the calls for Hyundai, Kia, Volvo, Great American Insurance and I believe BMW, MBZ and Lincoln.

Thus any of these providers has to rely upon their local contractor, who is "supposed" support their calls in come "timely manner".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts