The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Google Ads on LotusTalk.com..., I hate to bitch about it, but they are not even related to Lotus or this community... :shrug:

"Lotus Sunset Ringtone", "2009 Lotus Elise", "Lotus Tatoos", "Lotus - Post Your Resume..."

I guess failure by Google to implement the semantics technology in their Google Ad business (although they bought Applied Semantics...) and having useless ads due to the lack of understanding of the "meanings" (not patterns/spellings) behind the queries, would be first to blame... but shouldn't the new forum owners control/address this issue a bit more?

Sorry but just my thought...

I guess when Lotus Eagle comes out, we might have a ton of ads running about eagle (bird)... :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Lotustalk loads SO much slower now. I wonder if it's all the ads that have to be loaded from a different server.

Also, I would be upset if I was a sponsor and I saw the lame Google ad directly below my Lotus related ad.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Any good ad blockers for Mac Safari?

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Any good ad blockers for Mac Safari?
Not sure, though you can disable javascript and all ads disappear, though some of the vbulletin functionality goes away too. The most convenient way to do this is to go into preferences and select 'show develop menu in menu bar in the advanced tab, then when browsing LT, go to the Develop menu and select 'disable javascript'. The downside is you need to turn it on and off manually, can't do an auto setting for LT as far as I know.

·
Registered
186 Posts
adblock

I have adblock installed, but have a few sites (including this one) whitelisted. I have found the ads here useful in the past, and wanted to support LT in all ways I could.

Now it's just a bunch of ringtones and job ads. If I were sector 111, forced fed, or another lotus dealer, I would definitely be chatting with autoforums. The value of their ads just went down a lot due to all the nonsense. I haven't blocked it yet, since I do want to support the site. I'm not sure there's a reason to keep them there though, since it's not likely I'll be clicking through anything.

·
Registered
992 Posts
What I think is funny is the Gibson guitar ads... I understand the relevance of all the Lotus ads (regardless of how silly they are) but why are they trying to sell me the Slash model guitar? Anyone here shopping for a new electric guitar? Really?

if so, buy one of mine ;-)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts