The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love that Lotus is returning to international racing - brand awareness!

Looking close at the new GT4 concept they rolled out at the at the Shanghai Auto Show this year, looks like they are using the chassis from the older model Evora. Comparing to the 2011 GT4, looks pretty identical with the sills like my Evora S not the 400/410/etc. Guess they are still building S1 style chassis for their race cars?

Love the roof snorkel on the new GT4 BTW!

-SpaghettiPie

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
Even the door panels on the new one are the same as the old one. I guess there is no sense in spending money developing a new one, when the old one is certified and works with all of the certified racing equipment (ie: roll cage)

Reactions: spaghettipie

·
Registered
871 Posts
In noticed that too, I guess its a combo of factors :
The older S1 Evora should have stronger stiffness with the high chassis sills (for a given weight)
All the older components already developed, such as carbon door cards, the roll cage etc were developed for the S1
The FIA approvals might be easier with the S1 chassis tub

Its a shame Lotus Motor Sport dept got closed under Gales' watch & a lot of the special MS components sold-off. I'm sure that was just to look good for the books, as the staff & premises remained. Lotus without any form of factory MS is weaker given their history.

Whatever the full reasons, great looking race car, I hope they do well

1 - 3 of 3 Posts