The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took posession of my new (2005) Elise with 200 miles on it. Dealer gave me 2 keys and one FOB, but no alarm PIN. One of the keys has a tag with bar code and number on it.

-Does anyone know how the original alarm system PIN is delivered to the owner (tag, verbal, etc.) and...if it is a tag, specifically what it looks like?:shrug:

-Also, with so little miles on the car and not even one tank of gas run through it, I plan on having the 1000 mile service (so the oil and filter will be changed, and also to validate the warranty), but what else might be recommended, and are there any particular procedures for break-in after sitting so long?

Thanks in advance for your info:bow:,

Dennis

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
You should have gotten a business card size thing that folds open. Inside is the VIN, pin, and instructions for starting the car if the FOB fails.

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
You should have gotten a business card size thing that folds open. Inside is the VIN, pin, and instructions for starting the car if the FOB fails.
Yeah, the code is on a small business card shaped piece of paper that looks like it was a tag that was removed from the alarm when Lotus installed it. The tag with the bar code is your key code.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
At the first service, you might want to get a copy of the ECU dump for your records.

·
Registered
262 Posts
You really need this card with the number. If your battery dies, your imobiliser will need to be reset with the pin code and the instructions. I just went through this with my car. Make the dealer get it.

·
Registered
856 Posts
The dealer should be able to look up the number for you. The number registered to my car, on the card and in the lotus database was incorrect and Lotus was able to hack into the alarm and get the pin... it cost me some good money (almost $200 if I remember correctly), and the car was still under warranty, but that is another story...

I doubt Lotus HQ in Atlanta will just give you the number BTW.

Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys,

I'll try to convince the dealer to be more diligent with the previous owner, and if not, I know what to do.

Thanks!

Dennis:clap:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts