The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody. Just getting my feet wet in the Lotus community. I've lurked here for a long time, but am getting my ducks in a row for buying an Exige. I'm no stranger to british and german cars, so I'm pretty excited to be here.

I've learned a lot so far by reading here. Lots of great info.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Welcome and buy it.. you'll enjoy every second.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Welcom Embraer,
Most the people here are very nice and helpful, a great resource. You did the right thing by informing yourself before you buy. Please be sure to follow the cardinal rule when you purchase: Thou shalt post a graven image of thy chariot upon the transfer of filthy lucre for it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys! just had a PPI done on a car yesterday. some little issues, but nothing that seems to be a deal breaker. i have a price in mind, and we'll go from there. if i pick it up, the pics will be coming shortly!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, that sucks. PPI done, contacted the dealer (i loosely use that term) to find details on how to get the ball rolling with the purchase. didn't hear from them for a couple of days...until just now. they decide to let me know the car has been sold. great that i paid for the PPI (which i'm sure they used as a selling point for whoever bought the car out from under me). irritating.

the hunt continues....

·
Registered
742 Posts
Welcome :UK:

·
3Xtothe0[]
489 Posts
well, that sucks. PPI done, contacted the dealer (i loosely use that term) to find details on how to get the ball rolling with the purchase. didn't hear from them for a couple of days...until just now. they decide to let me know the car has been sold. great that i paid for the PPI (which i'm sure they used as a selling point for whoever bought the car out from under me). irritating.

the hunt continues....
Not unusual for these things to happen when trying to purchase, you have to be vigilant in your search. Good luck,,,

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i guess it wasn't meant to be. BTW, the car was previously for sale on this board a few months ago. There was some damage uncovered in my PPI that wasn't mentioned earlier. I'm glad the buyer got a free PPI on my expense. Typical dealer BS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts