The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, Im a newb when it comes to any lotus car but Ive been reseaching the exige for some time now and Im ready to get my hands on one. It's time to give up my Mustang GT and get into a car that seems to me to be a lot more fun to drive. I just started looking for the right one and i saw a few that I really like. My question is does anyone know anything about the one on ebay its a 2008 Lotus Exige S 240 at Global Motorcars in Houston Texas? Or does anyone know of any good deals on a 2008 Lotus Exige S 240. I would really appreciate any info. thanks

Premium Member
It's a good idea to get a PPI from a professional that is familiar with Elise/Exiges. It will be a well spent $300.
Good luck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

He's on fire!
Good luck finding a deal these days. Very low available inventory and sellers more resistant to accepting lower offers = 'deals' hard to come by.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe good deal didn't come out right I meant a reasonable deal. I don't mind paying what the cars worth I just don't feel like getting screwed either. If someone says the car wasn't tracked or wasn't in a accident I hope there telling the truth. I just want a straight up good deal with no hidden problems and I have no problem paying what the car is worth. Seems like when a good car comes up on the internet it goes extremely fast. I just started looking so hopefully there's the right one out there for me coming up soon for now I'll just keep looking. I have a mustang gt and a 2012 acadia denali so it's not like I have to get a car right away but I figured it being winter its a good time to get one.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
The one on ebay (2008 Lotus Exige S 240 at Global Motorcars in Houston Texas) has 16 days left if it doesn't sell by the end of the auction and I don't find any others by then I might just get that one. I just wanted to know if anyone knew anything about that car? I know dealers have to make there money that's why there in the business but I'll probably pay more. I would rather buy from a private seller or someone from this site that knows about these cars. If anyone knows of a exige I would prefer a 2008 for sale I would really appreciate the info. If it makes a difference I don't need a loan I pay cash for everything. thanks everyone for the replies and advise

`08 Elise-SC-220
2008 Lotus Exige S 240

Yo Gimp,

Looks like a new car, 6,600 miles, nice pedigree & Carfax. They declare "Standard Equipment" in the description which means no Sport or Touring packages apparently.
Still, for 51K it's a pretty good deal since KBB says the car is worth $57,862.
NOMDB (none of my damn business) but have you considered an Elise? (You could save yourself 10K or so). An Exige is a little less hardcore though I'll admit. Happy hunting!

He's on fire!
I dunno if I can advise on that particular car, but I will say that much more than your previous cars, these were made for the track. If your plan is to drive it I'd tell you not to be afraid of a car that has seen some drivers education days... if you are planning for a garage queen, obviously you need a non-tracked car with low miles (but that puts you out of 'deals' and 'reasonable' asking prices too).

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input I really like the look of the exige that's why I'm interested in that one I saw on ebay plus it looked really clean. I'm not going to track it well not right away anyways but the option would be nice for the future. I love driving fast and I'm getting board of the Mustang plus at least where I live everyone has one. I want something unique, quick and most of all fun to drive. I would probably drive it to work a few times a week and on the weekends. I live in Pa so it would stay in my garage most of the winter. I live at the base of the Poconos so lots of winding hilly roads. I'm not set on a certain color but if it had a lot of scratches or damage to it I wouldn't be interested. I would drive it a lot and love to start going to some car meets. I was in a bad accident a few years ago a Ford f350 crew cab hit me head on in my lane doing 70 mph. My left knee was shattered so it doesn't bend much and I'm in constant pain for the rest of my life. Thank god it bends just enough for me to use the clutch. I know getting in and out of exige isn't the most fun thing in the world but I pretty much look like an idiot getting out of my car now because of my leg. Any how this car would be a somewhat daily driver and a hobby for me. Because of my leg I can't do any of my other hobbies anymore. My search for the perfect car continues I will find her :)

Premium Member
Thanks for the input I really like the look of the exige that's why I'm interested in that one I saw on ebay plus it looked really clean. I'm not going to track it well not right away anyways but the option would be nice for the future. I love driving fast and I'm getting board of the Mustang plus at least where I live everyone has one. I want something unique, quick and most of all fun to drive. I would probably drive it to work a few times a week and on the weekends. I live in Pa so it would stay in my garage most of the winter. I live at the base of the Poconos so lots of winding hilly roads. I'm not set on a certain color but if it had a lot of scratches or damage to it I wouldn't be interested. I would drive it a lot and love to start going to some car meets. I was in a bad accident a few years ago a Ford f350 crew cab hit me head on in my lane doing 70 mph. My left knee was shattered so it doesn't bend much and I'm in constant pain for the rest of my life. Thank god it bends just enough for me to use the clutch. I know getting in and out of exige isn't the most fun thing in the world but I pretty much look like an idiot getting out of my car now because of my leg. Any how this car would be a somewhat daily driver and a hobby for me. Because of my leg I can't do any of my other hobbies anymore. My search for the perfect car continues I will find her :)
Gimp, I STRONGLY suggest you find a local owner and try getting in and out of the car. I've had plenty of people with knees that bend, have extreme difficulty getting into my car. Some get a 1/4 of the way in and say forget it.
Sorry to hear about your accident. Sounds like your lucky to be alive.
Have you considered a Rossion or Noble?
Might be easier to get in and out of.
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1387687002.437856.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1387687011.587802.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Registered
Definitely, if you haven't, get into and out of an elise/exige before you buy.
I have a total knee job and, if I must get into the passenger seat, I get into the driver's seat and slide across.
Getting into the driver's seat is no problem, as I can stick the right leg into the cockpit easily.
Good luck.
Sam in the dirty elise.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
The Rossion is a awesome looking fast car but the price is a little more then I wanted to pay. There's a dealer not far from my house I'll take your advice and see how hard it is to get in and out of the exige. If I can get in no matter how hard it is that's good enough for me. Driving for me is like therapy I've been stuck at home a lot since my accident 4 years ago. I had 6 major knee surgeries so I had a lot of down time. When I hop in a fast car and go for a long drive it's like all my problems go away. Doing some meets or car shows would be icing on the cake. Like I said before I can no longer do any of the hobbies I did before the accident. I'm confident I'll find the right car I'm off of work today so I can do a lot of searching.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
I wish I knew someone in Texas that could look at that car for me. I'm talking to the dealer and he said he could come down some on the price and ship it up here in 2 days for 850$. If anyone lives in Houston or goes by there I would really appreciate it if you can take a quick look at it and let me know if it's as good as the dealer says it is. Thanks

Registered
If they still have it in a week or two I could probably run by and take a look.. Being the Holidays it's pretty busy and this place is pretty far away from central Houston.. I'm not a pro but I was looking at Exiges before I got my Esprit..

PM me after the 1st of the new year and let me know.

Cheers!
Bill

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks a lot zippy your awesome. I just got off the phone with the dealer I had him look the car over and he said there isn't a scratch on the whole car inside and out it looks brand new. It still has the 36k factory warranty or 6 months left on the car seeing how it only has 6k milage I'm sure the 6 moths will come first. He doesn't know anything about the car except it has a clean car fax and it's flawless. Now here comes a stupid question does the S 240 automatically come with the track pack and the touring pack or is it an option? If it is an option is there anyway I can tell from the pictures on ebay? The dealer said it's all decked out in leather but he had no clue what I was talking about when I brought up the touring and track pack. If I can't tell from the pictures is there something I can have him look at so he can find out? Can I find out with the vin number? I promise I'm not stupid I'm just new to lotus cars. I appreciate any help. Thanks

He's on fire!
Has touring pack and traction control. Is there a long metal tube right behind the seats that stretches the width of the car? that would tell you if it has track pack. Would need a picture of the sticker/serial on the transmission to identify open diff or LSD.

these cars have soft paint in general, although it seems some cars do better than others. Would be very surprised if the paint was truly in 'like new' condition even with clear bra and only 6k miles. Also, factory paint job is definitely average completely brand new. (cliffs: don't compare the paint to bmw or audi)

if those are OEM original tires they may be done with this much time passed

Looks like there's been a decent amount of 'traffic' on the side sills but thats a pretty standard complaint on 08+

He's on fire!
you can add the track pack, but if you aren't going to the track... who cares? its value comes into play if you decide to add a harness rather than use factory three point seat belt.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts