The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the beginning stages of car shopping, thought it was time to join up instead of just lurking!

Located in Wisconsin, which isn't exactly a hotbed for fun car things.. Coming from the BMW world (I moderate a BMW forum), previously owned a 996 911, WRX, and a bunch of other cars/brands as well. I had my sights set on a Ferrari for a long time (and will someday own a 360 :grin2: ), until I rediscovered my childhood dream of owning a Lotus which will be much more attainable at this point in my life :)

I'll be around here quite a bit I imagine, doing my lurker/research stuff to find out exactly what it is I want.

Thanks for the time!

-Ryan

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Google searching is probably your best bet when trying to find specific info as the search feature here isn't the greatest. Good luck on your search!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I see you had a Porsche 996. I have a 991.1 (2013 911 4s) which I bought new in 2013. I thought it was the only car worth driving at the time (it was my second Porsche). I bought my Elise about 9 months ago and now my Porsche had sat practically unused since then. Have you decided what model you want? There's a big difference between say an Elise and an Esprit. I've never driven anything that feels as "real" as the Elise. It's the closest thing to a go-cart for the street that you'll ever find. And if that's what you want, there really is "No Substitute". :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts