The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of picking one of these up as my next car. This would be my daily driver for the most part. It would be a 3rd car with the MDX being a backup in case of really bad weather or if I needed to haul stuff. Do you DD your cars? This could be a soon as this year depending on the economy and my wifes job.
I've been looking at the Lotus website for the differences between the Elise and Exige. From what I can tell, it's mostly about engine output and aerodynamics. I also see options such as the track pack, touring pack, hardtop, etc.... I love to modify my cars, so if I ended up with an Elise, would it be possible to mod it to SC or Exige levels?
Is there anything I should look for when looking for one? I think there's a small storage space behind the motor. I don't need to haul much, but would like to get my roll away camera case in there if needed.

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
welcome James :wave:

read the UBERPOST thread...it will help you out a lot.

to answer your question, yes, the elise can be modified to more than exige levels.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
welcome James :wave:

read the UBERPOST thread...it will help you out a lot.

to answer your question, yes, the elise can be modified to more than exige levels.
I'm slowly reading through everything. I'd like to find a car that I don't have to go all out with to make quick. My Mazdaspeed3 is a fun little car, but I've got quite a bit into it now.
Is the Elise a car that I can pick up, throw a VF or Supercharger kit on, and not have to worry about suspension and rims?
I'd like to start tracking the car more rather than just a spirited drive along the roads here.....

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Dude, if you can, go test drive one. You'll learn more than you can handle in that one drive - then post back with questions.

You will know right away if it's for you. After I testdrove mine, I jumped out of the car and hugged my sales guy and was giggling and cackling like a little girl. My wife thought I was on crack.

No car has ever done that to me. Only a motorcycle... It's the most practical motorcycle on the planet.

I daily Drive mine and won't drive anything else. Not until I hit 100K like this guy: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/100k-miles-65861/

Go drive it - that's an order. May the Force be with you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts