The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am a new guy to this site. I am going to sign the paper work on a 2005 Nightfall Blue Lotus Elise tomorrow. I will be picking up the car from Pat at AM - Lotus Motorsports of New England. Words can not describe how excited I am as this is my first exotic car. Pat has been absolutely awesome to work with.

I am a regular in the Northern New England Ferrari community and teach with the club at track days. I also teach with a few other track day events in the area. I used to race SCCA and FUSA(motorcycles) as well as COMSCC here in New England.

It is my hope that the Lotus community will treat me as well as the Ferrari Community.

Cheers!

Scotty

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
It is my hope that the Lotus community will treat me as well as the Ferrari Community.
Not a chance :no:

There is a large Lotus community in New England. You should be able to find some like minded folks here or through Lotus Ltd or its affiliates (NELLI).

·
Registered
386 Posts
:wave::wave:Welcome!!:wave::wave:

You've just entered one of the most friendly automotive communities around. Be sure to watch this site, particularly the Northeast regional thread. We usually get together a couple times a year for drives and other events.

I was new like you last spring. Other local Lotus owners stepped right up to welcome me in.

Where in NH are you located?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Congrats. You are going to be so happy.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I am Nashua and am looking forward to some great drives this summer.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
You meet the nicest people on a Honda! OOPS (IN a LOTUS!!)
WELCOME TO THE DARKSIDE!!!!

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Hi....welcome!! :wave:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
dude, don't forget your camera so you can shoot pics of your new baby and post em up!

congrats - you're going to kick yourself for not buying it sooner. :D

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Welcome, and congrats on the new car. BTW, do you have the address and phone number of AM/Lotus NE? Their website has been down for a long time, and I hear they have moved, but I don't know where. Thank you.

PS post some pics of your new ride.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Welcome, and congrats on the new car. BTW, do you have the address and phone number of AM/Lotus NE? Their website has been down for a long time, and I hear they have moved, but I don't know where. Thank you.

PS post some pics of your new ride.
astonmartin-lotus.com

·
Registered
239 Posts
Welcome! It will be nice to have another Elise along for drives this year. :nanner:

Pat is a reaaly good guy, I bought my 06' from him a few years back. Good luck with you new baby!

Dave

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the warm welcome folks. I have a question for the NH residents; where do I go to get it inspected? Most places will want to put it up on a lift and I know that many places do not know how to lift a mid-engined car so I am a bit nervous. Are there any specific places in the Nashua area that you can recommend? I was thinking the Porsche dealer may be the best place but the local Midas, probably not.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I went to my local favorite mechanic. I've known him for 10 years, so he let me into the work bay to help. He didn't need to use any lifts or jacks. As long as he could see that there was adequate pad thickness left on the brakes, he didn't see the need to pull a wheel.

Synaptic 3 Engineering (see the supporting vendors forum) up in Candia is familiar with our cars and can arrange for inspection.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Believe it or not, I have been using the local Meineke shop in Derry for 23 years for inspections. When they first inspected the Elise they did it in the parking lot out front lying on the ground in early December. This past December when I had it done again, they had installed new drive on lifts with very long approach ramps and there was no clearance problems with me pulling the Elise up onto the lift. The guy that owns the place is a friend and he gets a lot of cars in for inspection; a lot of them being Corvettes and Porches etc. so he installed the new low approach lifts to accommodate the business. The only thing is you need to make an appointment for a Saturday because theay are always very busy.

Dave

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
astonmartin-lotus.com
I tried that URL again and it still won't work. It hasn't worked in several months. I thought they went out of business but I guess not.

·
Registered
239 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
+1

Not a chance :no:

There is a large Lotus community in New England. You should be able to find some like minded folks here or through Lotus Ltd or its affiliates (NELLI).
where are the pictures

1 - 19 of 19 Posts