The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my new Hotshot G5 header! :D

That along with the new ECU it is giving me the giggles!

Everytime I push on the gas pedal I can't help but giggle just like Kimberly!

The new suspension can't come soon enough!

Art

·
Registered
58 Posts
Chris Robertson said:
ECU's are legal?? I thought they bumped you to xSP at least, or even SM?
ECU's are legal in STS/STX. However, for turbo'd cars, the ECU cannot help raise the boost.

Art, sounds like you're getting there. BTW, are you planning to run your car in STS at the National this year? When are you gonna get your new suspension? My "new" suspension (for the Prelude) should be ready on Valentine's Day. :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vwong said:
ECU's are legal in STS/STX. However, for turbo'd cars, the ECU cannot help raise the boost.

Art, sounds like you're getting there. BTW, are you planning to run your car in STS at the National this year? When are you gonna get your new suspension? My "new" suspension (for the Prelude) should be ready on Valentine's Day. :D
Yes, that the whole reason is for the Nat's!

My suspension should be here about the same time as yours.
I am getting my Corbeau Seats next week, new Carbo Tec Gold Kelated Brake pads this friday, along with SS Brake lines and LW Battery. My Progress adjustable sway bars are here already and I'm hoping to get them in this week.

All the rest, Short Shifter, ES bushings, UD Pulleys, CAI, Harness
should all be here next week also.

Hmmm have I forgot anything!

Art

·
Registered
118 Posts
Trys_Hard said:
Yes, that the whole reason is for the Nat's!

My suspension should be here about the same time as yours.
I am getting my Corbeau Seats next week, new Carbo Tec Gold Kelated Brake pads this friday, along with SS Brake lines and LW Battery. My Progress adjustable sway bars are here already and I'm hoping to get them in this week.

All the rest, Short Shifter, ES bushings, UD Pulleys, CAI, Harness
should all be here next week also.

Hmmm have I forgot anything!

Art
Do you have any money left for rent? Food? Wow. A year and a half with nothing, and then, everything you can do in the class. Of course, I wonder why you'd bother replacing the seats, since yours are likely more comfortable than the Corbeaus, and nearly as supportive (that's why you are getting a harness, right?).

Good think you have someone else buying tires for you.:D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Davard said:
Do you have any money left for rent? Food? Wow. A year and a half with nothing, and then, everything you can do in the class. Of course, I wonder why you'd bother replacing the seats, since yours are likely more comfortable than the Corbeaus, and nearly as supportive (that's why you are getting a harness, right?).

Good think you have someone else buying tires for you.:D
I'm thinking of buying a NX2000 as a daily driver and putting my SE-R seats in there.

I have set aside the money for SD, Fontana, both Atwaters, Wendover, Bremerton and possibly Denver and the Nat's.

I figure once I have the money invested in the car next year should be a cinch!

I just got tired of not being competitive and even if I don't win at least I will have a stable platform from which to improve.

Art

·
Member # 16
180 Posts
Trys_Hard said:
I'm thinking of buying a NX2000 as a daily driver and putting my SE-R seats in there.

I have set aside the money for SD, Fontana, both Atwaters, Wendover, Bremerton and possibly Denver and the Nat's.

I figure once I have the money invested in the car next year should be a cinch!

I just got tired of not being competitive and even if I don't win at least I will have a stable platform from which to improve.

Art
A NX2000?

At least you're taking the car out of the equation as to why Will beats you (assuming that he still will).

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chris Robertson said:
A NX2000?

At least you're taking the car out of the equation as to why Will beats you (assuming that he still will).
An NX 2000 is a SR20de powerd car which is basically the Sentra but sportier with T-Tops. Lousy seats though!

I'm not going to jinx myself and make a comment on your second comment! :D

Art

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh the thing I forgot!

I just sent in my check for EVO Phase I.

Art

·
Registered
125 Posts
Trys_Hard said:
Oh the thing I forgot!

I just sent in my check for EVO Phase I.

Art

Good. Soon y'all will *know* why I put that loop in the SCNAX cup course. :)

-la

·
Member # 16
180 Posts
I'm twisted. I don't know if I should still go to the Evo school. I think the SCNAX event will be the last event in my car (when the tires are worn out). Then it'll be up to the time when I've got another car for racing.

Would the Evo school be worth more when I can race at least once a month? or would this be fine assuming we don't get a new car for another 6 months?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Evo is a good investment, and part of a balanced portfolio of seat time, course walking and tire budget.

Or is that balanced breakfast? I can never keep these things straight.

·
Member # 16
180 Posts
You know Art if you skiped the regional events, you'd come out of nowhere in STS at nationals! That would be kinda cool, but then again you'll need all the seat time you can get with all of the mods being done to your car.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i thought only chips or ECU add-ons were legal, not complete ECUs?

If thats the cause, i just found an extra 25hp! (well, after i find the $1500 for the ECU :))

vwong said:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sounds like it is a good thing that I am going to the phase 1 evo as well. :D

I hope to see many of you there. :)

on a similar note: I just got the full 5 point harness mounted in my car (only had 4 before) and you can really feel the diff.

See you Sunday :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Now stinking up my office are 2 205/50/15 BFG KD's and 2 225/50/15 KD's! :D

Thanks Matt

Art

1 - 20 of 51 Posts