The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know if anyone has any idea how to make something like this car for ours. Instead of angle eyes how about something like this? I'm going to make something if no one knows about ones that are all ready made. But I plan on making it a plug n play for the parking light inside the high beam cover.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Go for it! I always thought drilling holes through the cheap black plastic could look good. Post pics!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasnt going to drill holes I was actually going to use flush LED tape with adhesive on the back but I'd like to know peoples opinion on how they would like them placed. Up on one side like ferrari or audi. Or like a V shape like the ferrari posted above.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right I was planning on separating the black housing and the clear headlight assembly. But I need feed back for the design of how it should be. Like I said an outer outline or a V shape. Should take me about a month to perfect it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont know if they do I have an 05. But I was leaning toward one side to. Now just going to see how high up it should go

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
The trick would be making ones for the 06+ because they are sealed housings and you can't just bake them off of each other like the '05. We are running into the same issue because we are trying to redesign them as well. We are even looking at manufacturing the clear plastic cover but that is getting really technical.

And, Yes the '11s do but they are a different design and you'd have to modify your clam. The LED's follow the bottom edge and up the rear. I Love the design but dont know how it'd look with the symetrical lenses. 3/4 angel eyes do look really good on them and give it more of an aggressive look. But with the newer cars you still have the sealed lens issue.

Eglinlotus, another thing to help that we are considering is refabricating the rear plastic housing. Then, we can cut out the old housing, throw it away then reglue the new one in once we've modified it. Mold making for the plastics is not too bad but would only suggest it if you plan to manufacture 10+ for sale.

If you decide to take this one we'd love to help you figure out how to do it, so if you have any questions just PM me. We've been doing custom parts for a long time and love new challenges. :)

-Chris
large_70310.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts