The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a charcoal interior in my Evora I always disliked teh light tan headliner. I decided after fininshing some other mods ( Complete stereo replacement, Radium CAI, Lotus sport exhuast, splitter protector, power fold mirror) I would take care of the headliner.
Originally I had planned on using Alcantara, but after looking at it on some cars in the trim shop I decided it was abit too much like a 70s black light poster. The trim shop suggested SuedeTex. SuedeTex give the rich feel I like without being over the top. While getting my headliner done i decided to get the door pulls covered too.
Not sure if it is visualized well in the photos but I also had the trim shop match the double stitch of the Evoras leather

IMG_0952 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0955 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0521 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0518 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0951 (800x600).jpg

A place called AutoExotica did the install. They are a tuner shop that also does audio install. They had a trim person come in and do the work. AutoExotic also did my stereo install.
I have been very happy with the result. All in the cost was about $1000.
The cost included
Repair of a rip in leather of the door panel (perfect repair of 2 inch tear):clap:
A & B pillar covers
Headliner Covers
Door pull cover

Tell me what you think:)

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Looks GREAT! Congrats.

I really like SuedeTex in both feel and look. It is a quality material that should be offered on all high end cars :D

·
Premium Member
6,267 Posts
?? How do you keep the fingerprints, rub marks out?? Love the feel, but we have 2 chairs in our great room with the material and they always look "handled"

·
Registered
28 Posts
Your headliner looks great! The shop did a good job making it look stock. The headliner really should have matched the interior trim from the factory. I also have a dark interior and the light tan headliner looks somewhat out of place.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Wow that looks nice. How much for the headliner?:shrug: I need to get quotes in Dallas and I want to make sure they are not out of line.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I need to get quotes in Dallas and I want to make sure they are not out of line
Same here Fasttoys, Im in the dallas area too, I will be getting an evora hopefully this month and will be doing this too.. If you find a good shop in town let me know!

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow that looks nice. How much for the headliner?:shrug: I need to get quotes in Dallas and I want to make sure they are not out of line.
The headliner and special stitching was $750. leather repair and hand grips were another $250.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
?? How do you keep the fingerprints, rub marks out?? Love the feel, but we have 2 chairs in our great room with the material and they always look "handled"
If you use a good horse hair brush you can brush the fibers so the material does not look "handled" I have not had a chance to brush mine out..

In truth the flash makes the material show the hand prints, with out the flas with decreased lighting it just looks like random texture.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks Great! . . . now I wonder if they have it in Pimento Red?????
would not be surprised if they had a color that was very close. The trim shop had about 30 colors to chose from

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Stunning work!

I forgot that we also need to address the visor clips & hinges. Are you going to order dark ones or are they not that noticeable in real life?
I think I'm going to try to dye the visor clips black. they are not really that noticeable, but I agree they would look better black.

·
Registered
127 Posts
No I havent heard of them whats the meets/Group called? Gonna be selling the MR2 this month for the down payment of the Evora.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Fantastic idea :)
Yes sir! been lurking here for abit but the stars are alinging looks like I see an Evora in my near future! But I am gonna be sad aswell as the wife to see the Mr2 go, we have owned it for about 14yrs and it was our "fun" car, ive done many mods to it and its super clean so hopefully It will sell quick and I can get into a Evora soon!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts