The Lotus Cars Community banner

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
I'm getting ready to rebuild my trany soon. Someone mentioned that there is a set of tools for the Citroen box that gets passed around the country, but I don't remember who to contact about borrowing them? Can someone direct me? THANKS!!!

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
I have the transmission out and taking it apart to do some maintenance and preventive stuff on my '88. I have learned to take nothing for granted. The question for you all is why does the "front" bearing on the primary shaft have seals on both sides, (or does it?), when none of the other bearings do? From the "blown up" schematic in the manual, section FD page 17 for the C35 Citroen transmission, it looks like the seal is in place at least for the front, can't see the back. Someone has been in here before me. But professionals make mistakes too. The gear right behind the bearing obviously is getting oil splashed to it. I don't have the bearing out yet, but I think it's fine. The other bearings shown have their individual elements visible, no seal. See last pic.

BTW the diagram is wrong. It shows the bearing at the front of the clutch shaft when if fact it is behind the clutch shaft, and behind #3 which is the snap ring for the clutch shaft into the primary shaft.

Attachments

121 - 127 of 127 Posts