The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone new to this site and looking for a little assuring advice, I hope ? The trouble being I've just purchased a lovely 04 111r in titanium grey but on my long journey home I noticed a slight whine in fifth n sixth but only on over run ie decelerating slightly? The cars only covered 20 k and is a dream to drive its just the more I hear it the more it gets on my nerves. Is it a charistic of this car or do I have a problem ? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated many thanks in advance,

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
turn down your hearing aids.
usually, by the time a catastrophic event is imminent, you will know it.
it would help to know generally, where you are, too.
sam

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
I would first try a tranny fluid drain and refill. You may be a little low on fluid, but it would better to drain and refill than add. You can also examine the spent fluid for brass and metals. That would also help predict what the inside of the tranny is doing. A small amount of glitter is normal. The spent oil can tell you amount of damage and wear.

·
Registered
736 Posts
There's also a slight 'whine' around here with Lotus's pending future and Bahar's fumbling with management of the company. Care to look into that for us please while you're in the 'neighborhood'? We can hire you to be the mole and sniff out what's going on. We need to know.
On another note, sorry to hear about YOUR whine, and welcome to OUR neighborhood.
Cheers,

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Hi everyone new to this site and looking for a little assuring advice, I hope ? The trouble being I've just purchased a lovely 04 111r in titanium grey but on my long journey home I noticed a slight whine in fifth n sixth but only on over run ie decelerating slightly? The cars only covered 20 k and is a dream to drive its just the more I hear it the more it gets on my nerves. Is it a charistic of this car or do I have a problem ? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated many thanks in advance,
Noise is subjective, therefore it is impossible to tell if you have a problem.
Where in the UK are you?
Michael

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Sorry to hear about problems upon ownership. I would do as others have mentioned and do a drain carefully inspecting the fluid for metal debris.

Can you find out if the car was tracked? If the answer is yes it's pretty much a given the tranny is on it's way out, the drain should tell you unless the PO did it before the sale of the car....

Thanks for the faith in the Marque and I wish you well hoping it will not be a major expense.

Robert

1 - 6 of 6 Posts