The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just been reading and looking at the classifieds for a while now. Im 26 right now and been looking into getting a lotus since i was 20. Its been a dream car for me and i will be in the market for a exige s around the october time frame, but i have been searching since it will take months to find the one i want. Currently own a 05 RSX Type-S, which will remain my daily when i find my dream car. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi to the community! :wave:

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
good luck

·
Registered
705 Posts
Welcome, where in SoCal are you? I looked for 5 months and finally found my dream exige and luckily the seller held it for me till I got the money together

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Good luck. Set goals and you will be successful.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Hey. Welcome! Where in So Cal? Anywhere near San Diego?

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
Welcome! When searching for a Lotus do NOT be afraid to look nationally. That way you can get the car you want, the color, the options, and the upgrades at the price you want. I found mine when I expanded my search 3000 miles away. I got over $25,000.00 in upgrades for free and the color I wanted, options I wanted, PLUS all the upgrades I ever dreamed of wanting for less than I would have paid in California without the upgrades. These are AMAZING machines!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome! When searching for a Lotus do NOT be afraid to look nationally. That way you can get the car you want, the color, the options, and the upgrades at the price you want. I found mine when I expanded my search 3000 miles away. I got over $25,000.00 in upgrades for free and the color I wanted, options I wanted, PLUS all the upgrades I ever dreamed of wanting for less than I would have paid in California without the upgrades. These are AMAZING machines!
Thanks for the tips! I have been searching nation wide. I don't see a problem spending a little more on shipping for the exact car i want. :coolnana:

·
Registered
99 Posts
GLWSearch. Being from So-Cal, you should have more options for you. I was lucky last Thanksgiving and found mines locally - exactly what I wanted too - under two weeks.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Howard, Im located in diamond bar, but work in the OC.
Looks like you're just down the street from me since I live in Rowland Heights. I too have always wanted a lotus since I was a kid and less then 2 weeks ago I finally picked up one up.

GL on the search and hopefully I'll see you around in the future.:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just got a quote on insurance.. and i got quoted $2100 a year for full coverage for driving 4000-5000 miles a year from AAA! How much are you guys paying? I have a clean record to.

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
just got a quote on insurance.. and i got quoted $2100 a year for full coverage for driving 4000-5000 miles a year from AAA! How much are you guys paying? I have a clean record to.

I have AAA also and pay about $750. for the same mileage. How old are you?

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
I think AAA is kipping you in Iddle, how old are you 12?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts