The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

My name is Kevin, and I'm new to Elisetalk. I figured I would just post up a quick thread to say hi to everyone, and that I look forward to many months of fun and some good reading here on the boards. I am flying down south to pick up a 2005 Elise tomorrow. Chrome Orange, LSS, Touring, Hardtop, 11k miles etc. I really can't wait to join in on the fun. I've always been a Subaru guy - my last car was a 360whp STi, so the Lotus is going to be a completely different monster - I think I'm going to like it alot. It's actually going to be my first naturally-aspirated car. former cars have been an Evo and an SRT-4 (typical boy racer cars) I'll only be 20 years old next month, and I don't seem to quite fit the profile compared to most of the other people I see posting about their cars, but I think I'll fit right in. I go to college while working full time as a custom home theatre and home automation/audio installer/technician. Gladly I can fit in the car (5'11" 175lbs), so that'll be no problem. I visited my local Lotus dealership and really, really enjoyed the seating position and interior layout, and I absolutely fell in love with the car. So I had to have one.

I've been reading alot of threads including the uberpost, and I've learned alot the past few weeks.

I look forward to being a part of this forum. I rather like that its so much more refined then - say - Nasioc or Evolutionm.

-Kevin :nanner2:

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
Welcome. You've started in a good place to learn some of the "finer details" of the car (uberpost). Enjoy your car and have a safe trip.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Kevin you're a model newbie!

Welcome :wave:

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Welcome to the board, and to the COM (Chrome Orange Mafia).
You officially got the best color. Did you hear, they retired it (like Babe Ruth's number)

(Ok I don't actually know the Babes number or that it is retired, but one would think so- anyway the facts are not important- just the rumors and ridiculous stories to drive up CO resale)

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
If you have not spent a lot of time in a rear wheel drive mid engine sports car , take it a bit easy for a while, it will be very difficult but don't go too crazy at first in the corners or long sweeps until you know the car a bit better ! The car will feel like you can do anything at any speed but when it does let loose, it is very unforgiving and can bite you. Have a blast ! and as Larry says slow and easy in and out of driveways ! :clap:

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
march 9th is the areas first auto x, you should come, there will be a few of us there! and you can learn the car, the lot is big and roomy!

welcome!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Enjoy your car, my dad has an Evo, and it is nice to borrow his car from time to time for that torque surge, but overall, driving the elise will be bliss:)

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone for the positive comments! I am finally home as of last night, and so far I am enjoying the car. It does have a few quirks, such as a weird idle due to the "custom" intake it has, but other than that its been great. I might make another thread asking about this idle issue, or else I'll probably just keep researching about the car to learn more. The cam changeover sound is RIDICULOUS along with its related power shift, akin to an external wastegate opening up through a divorced downpipe (sorry, I can only relate it to turbo/forced induction terms, because thats all I know, I am an N/A newb!).

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome to the board, and to the COM (Chrome Orange Mafia).
You officially got the best color. Did you hear, they retired it (like Babe Ruth's number)

(Ok I don't actually know the Babes number or that it is retired, but one would think so- anyway the facts are not important- just the rumors and ridiculous stories to drive up CO resale)
Cool, I get to be in a mafia? Do I have to sign any papers or do any weird initiation tasks?

Indeed, you picked the best and fastest color.
Thanks, lol.

I will say that I think the color looks fantastic. I looked at it against some overhead sunlight and the metallic-ness of it is excellent. Its quite unique, and has already drawn alot of attention (hopefully not from the fuzz).

Some comments I've gotten on the road trip back home at gas stations and rest stops:

"Is that a Lamborgini or somethin'!?! (South Carolina)"

"Oh dang, is that a real live Lotus? (Virginia)"

"Whoa, don't them things have some kinda honda V-tach motor or something? (Maryland)"

lol rotfl

1 - 17 of 17 Posts