The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I'm new here with a Viper. I work and am friends with "Me!" and he mentioned this site. I'll probably be crashing some of the cruises in the IL/WI area when I can. I've got a lot of respect for the Lotus mantra and the resulting cars, they're definitely a pleasure to drive! But my Viper, I know it may not be your cup of tea (haha.. Tea is so British!) but it sure is mine :)

Here's one with both our cars:

I'm pretty big into the SRT scene, we've got our own site www.wisrts.com if you've got one, or have any interest in them (SRT products or Mopars in general), by all means please sign up!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
welcome!! I am T.J., I work on a lot of these Lotus in the midwest and work out at Autobahn Country Club. Stop on by my shop if you ever make it out here.

Enjoy the drives, they are a blast!! I have been on a few with the Lotus Corps and "Todd Drives", love em. Just wish I had my own car and more time to go on more of them.

If you ever need anything letme know. Robert knows me, but dont listen to all the bad things he says about me, haha.

T.J.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks TJ! I've heard nothing but good things. ;)

We have a two post chassis lift at the house so I can tackle most jobs. We powder coated Robert's front brake calipers at the house. There are jobs I can't do though, so I'll keep you in mind if I ever need anything!

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
I don't know... This guy looks suspicious... He's probably handing out free candy too...

Greg - we're really looking forward to Road America ALMS camping this year. Be sure to bring your Viper flag! We'll have a "unique" camp site to say the least!

Todd

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gas costs too much to give away candy these days. :)

The flag is currently staring me in the face, displayed over my desk.

I almost forgot about RA to be honest! What a busy summer this will be!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey and welcome,

Me! is a great guy!
Not so sure about ex-neon owners though ;)

P.S. I still have a sweet spot for my old srt-4
Woah small world!

And what do you mean, Ex-Neon owners? My '03 is still.. erm.. 'mine'. Its got 135k on it now and isn't any faster than back when you had yours :)

I'm SRT-14 representing! :DV:

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Welcome and looking forward to meeting you on the drive tomorrow.

Ironically enough, you won't be the only Viper. Ex-Elise owner 'Evomind' will be there with his red Viper.

So, it will be an Eliper drive!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Woah small world!

And what do you mean, Ex-Neon owners? My '03 is still.. erm.. 'mine'. Its got 135k on it now and isn't any faster than back when you had yours :)

I'm SRT-14 representing! :DV:
LOL I dug myself a hole there. Apparently I'm the only ex-neon owner - Never knew you kept the SRT-4 when you got the viper. :eek: That's very cool I would have kept mine if I had the garage space!

I'll definitely see you around at the local events. Enjoy the the 14 cylinders of SRT power. :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought about getting rid of the SRT-4. But I asked myself what I should DD and the SRT-4 fit all the criteria - sporty, four seater, decent in winter, at least 23+ mileage, and under 8k. Since the -4 has been paid off for YEARS it was a no brainer. Probably going to run that poor thing into the ground, get my money's worth out of it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts