The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi,

unfortunately I'm not from FL but from Germany, but I just registered here. Your car looks pretty nice, especially the Sector111 rims !!
Where did you get the mesh in front of the exhaust (between diffusor and clam)?

Frank

·
Registered
61 Posts
I bought a VonHep panel eliminator and I made the mesh panels myself out of some expanded sheet metal.
Wow, that looks great, nice work!! Do you have a link where to get the eliminator?
Did you also get the orange exhaust/cat connection there?

Thanks a lot!
Frank

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Probax

The VonHep eliminator can be purchased from Blackwatch or from VonHep both of which are sponsors of this forum. The orange color you see is fiberglass exhaust wrap, it comes in rolls 2"x50'. It really cuts down on exhaust temp. The only down side is it smells a little bit when it haets up.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I really like the ride :) welcome!

You should add in a location in your profile so your neighbors will know, well that you're neighbors :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Great looking ride and I really like what you did with the panel eliminator. CO over those black wheels is a NICE combo.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Sweet ride :drool: like the rims a lot!

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
nice job on the rear grills...since the stock grill will not fit on the 5 element diffuser I'll have to go your route.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nice job on the rear grills...since the stock grill will not fit on the 5 element diffuser I'll have to go your route.
I bought the metal from Lowes, I bought a little extra because it took a couple of trys to get it right. I only attached it to the clam and the VonHep eliminator. Let me know if I can be of any help.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
like the mesh, great job!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I bought the metal from Lowes, I bought a little extra because it took a couple of trys to get it right. I only attached it to the clam and the VonHep eliminator. Let me know if I can be of any help.
Could you give me a hint how this mesh is called, couldn't find it at Lowes.com.

Thanks,
Frank

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Could you give me a hint how this mesh is called, couldn't find it at Lowes.com.

Thanks,
Frank
That doesn't suprise me that it's not on the website just like they probably don't list things like nails or glue - Just go to any big box home improvement store or a local sheet metal shop and ask for Hardware cloth or Extruded metal and they should point you in the right area!

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 20 Posts