The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

For the past month, I have struggled to decide on what I wanted for a new sports car. I am 24 years old and looking to get into the track scene so my main stipulation was something capable of being tracked out of the box but still turn heads on the road.

I had it narrowed down to a C6 Z06, GTR, Viper, or Exige S. I paroused the web for weeks trying to decide, but after spending countless hours on this forum reading everyone's stories and joy of Lotus ownership, I fell in love! Thanks to everyone for showing me the light :panic:

I typically am addicted to horsepower, so choosing the Lotus is definitely a new thought process for me. I hope I am not disappointed with the power out of the box!

Here is the car I just purchased! A 2008 Exige S240 with LSD, track pack, touring package, and star shield. It only has 2,400 miles so I don't know how soon I will be beating on the car until I feel very comfortable behind the wheel!

I also currently have a 1970 Chevelle SS I restored over the last 5 years, a BMW 335i which I have modded to over 500 hp, and also have a lifted Jeep Wrangler that is my daily work beater.

Here are my other children :)

Thanks for reading! Can't wait to learn these cars inside and out. I definitely have Lotus Fever :nanner2:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Doh! Just realized there is an introduction section.... Mods, feel free to move this if you wish.

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
Welcome! Where abouts in Illinois are you? We have a pretty active group I. The Chicago area.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome! Where abouts in Illinois are you? We have a pretty active group I. The Chicago area.
I'm in Peoria, about 2.5 hours south of Chicago.. I go up to Chicago for bigger meets and shows so maybe I'll have to join sometime!

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Pretty sweet car lineup you have there. They all look to be tastefully done. 500hp in the 3 series? Crazy.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I'm in Peoria, about 2.5 hours south of Chicago.. I go up to Chicago for bigger meets and shows so maybe I'll have to join sometime!
Welcome man. Nice to have another lotus in the city :D. I am the LRG elise you may see driving around.

Hope you have fun with that exige.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats and welcome. Pretty sweet car lineup you have there. They all look to be tastefully done. 500hp in the 3 series? Crazy.
Thanks! Yeah the 3 series is a twin turbo stock and they are extremely easy to mod. Last week at the drag strip it ran 11.9 on street tires and full weight with all power going to one wheel (no factory LSD). Unfortunately they overheat super easily if you try to track them so I had to buy the Lotus :crazyeyes

Man, I need to get in your line of work!
I am just an engineer fresh out of school. My wife makes decent money and is nice enough to help me buy toys :rolleyes:

·
He's on fire!
3,287 Posts
Nice kids!

If you're going to be at the track, you've got a great car to learn with. There are some changes you'll probably want to make if you head to the track each year, but most of them depend on the individual and their risk tolerance.

Most of the events I know of are gone for the year, but there are a couple left before the year runs out. I know Laps Inc has one more in October. I'm guessing that Autobahn in Joliet is the closest road course to you.

Don't be a stranger to the Midwest forum or the Lotus Corps club :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts