The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
This I didn't know: Drag .33 vs. .45 of the Elise/Exige. Also mentions Lotus' goal is to build no more than 2,000 units annually.

They have some good detialed pictures of the Evora's interior and rear seats too.

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
reading some of those posts pissed me off, so I posted a comment too.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Those pix make it look like Lotus has softened the (IMHO) jarring corner where the roof, side glass, rear windshield and C pillar meet with a transitional piece. If that's the case, I think it's a smart, smart decision.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Can someone explain how the price is still $75,000, when the pound is down from $2.00 to $1.40 ?? Is the pound also down against the yen, making the engine (and other parts) just as expensive?

Price should be $75,000 / 2 * 1.4 = $52,500 = my first Lotus ever to be bought new.

Else I must wait...as usual.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
The price has not been officially set yet in America. They learned their lesson with the Elise. The price will probably not be set until right before they are ready to sell here, like they just did in Europe.

I predict it will come in around $60k base and option up to around $75k

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I can't get excited about this car. Why make it a 2+2, even as an option? I'm guessing an M3 is a better deal for folks who want a good, fast street car with the niceties.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I can't get excited about this car. Why make it a 2+2, even as an option? I'm guessing an M3 is a better deal for folks who want a good, fast street car with the niceties.
And don't care if their car looks like a box.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Can someone explain how the price is still $75,000, when the pound is down from $2.00 to $1.40 ?? Is the pound also down against the yen, making the engine (and other parts) just as expensive?

Price should be $75,000 / 2 * 1.4 = $52,500 = my first Lotus ever to be bought new.

Else I must wait...as usual.
It's not as simple as that - the rate is currently pretty much as low as it's going to go so the only way it can go is up (we're along way from the days of $2->£1). I doubt Lotus have any substantual dollar reserves (if any) so they need to price it according to the long term. But I would expct some movement on price if things level out. I'm fairly sure that some countries with substantial dollar reserves will cash in the not too distant future and dump dollars on the market bring everything back in line. Its just at the moment everybody is just sitting tight waiting for something to happen.

Yes - The pound is down against everything. The joy of a country of insurance salesmen and bankers caught int he worlds worst financial disaster. Yay.

I would be surprised if the engines are coming from Japan though - The UK has the largest Toyota Engine factory in Europe.

·
Vendor
3,563 Posts
My 95 E36 M3 revved to 7200RPM. It is kind of pathetic that this lump only revs to 6600rpm. The C6 Z06 revs to 7000 and that is a 427ci stroked to hell 350 Chevy block based on 50 year old tech. I want to like the Evora, I really do, but that seems really weak for $60k.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
My 95 E36 M3 revved to 7200RPM. It is kind of pathetic that this lump only revs to 6600rpm. The C6 Z06 revs to 7000 and that is a 427ci stroked to hell 350 Chevy block based on 50 year old tech. I want to like the Evora, I really do, but that seems really weak for $60k.
But it's suppose to be a GT car. rotfl

·
Registered
143 Posts
Sure does look like a lot of overhang in the front of the Evora. It looks awkward in a side profile.
It really does. I am reminded of this:

Evora:

Fiero:

Also in looking up various images on google for the Evora, almost none are flat-on from the side, always front-quarter. Its as if they already know that the side is one of the worst angles, so they don't want to show it. Why design it that way if it is going to be terrible looking?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts