The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...there appear to be several of us new here within the past month - i've been wondering much the same...

...does anyone else get off early friday afternoons and care to meet up?..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...there appear to be several of us new here within the past month - i've been wondering much the same...

...does anyone else get off early friday afternoons and care to meet up?..

Friday afternoons would be cool with me. I see a few here and there...still quite a rare car - so that's cool :)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the Lotus fold. There is a pretty good size Lotus contingency in the San Antonio area. Stop in at Gonzaba motors and talk with the people there. They should be able to hook you up with other Lotus owners in your area.
Good luck and enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, What on Fridays?

So, What on fridays then?

Dinner? Billards?

I'm not quite sure what the regular would be.

Car wash? (lol).

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am sometimes available on Friday afternoons. I would be willing to meet somwhere and discuss putting a little calendar together of a few things to do. I know some great drives out in the Hill Country. There are a few other guys that would also be interested. I have their emails. When do we start?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome to San Antonio!

There are quite a few Lotus owners in San Antonio but the majority don't log onto ths forum or any forum for that matter. I do send them Emails to look at the posts regarding events in the area, but to no avail. They do respond better to personal Emails and on that note, please send me a pm and your Email address so that I may add you to to my S.A. Lotus owners list. I'd love for you guys to stop by and meet the crew overhere at Gonzaba and we can discuss upcoming events in this local area.
George

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So The meet today went great...and we agreed to use this thread...I am just posting to bump it...and also invite the other lotus drivers, a couple of us our going tomorrow to the hill country drive in Austin, If you need directions how to meet up here prior to the drive, PM myself or Drift. We will be meeting at 5 PM eastern as the drive itself is at 6:00-6:30 in AUSTIN :)

-Kevin

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...pictures!..

...gyah; none of us even thought about it!..

...i will say that the seven lotuses arrayed before the restaurant made for an impressive sight - when i was at the counter ordering takeout i caught the waitress who'd just walked asking the host under her breath 'are these the people with those cars? wow!'..

...i'd never even considered scissor doors, but having seen those in action today, they make quite a compelling pragmatic argument, and a dramatic one to boot...

...what exactly were all the little lotus freebies?..i figured out the cocktail napkin and what i presume are service floormats and seat covers, but that little unmarked double-ended closed plastic baggie has me at a loss...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
...gyah; none of us even thought about it!..

...i will say that the seven lotuses arrayed before the restaurant made for an impressive sight - when i was at the counter ordering takeout i caught the waitress who'd just walked asking the host under her breath 'are these the people with those cars? wow!'..

...i'd never even considered scissor doors, but having seen those in action today, they make quite a compelling pragmatic argument, and a dramatic one to boot...

...what exactly were all the little lotus freebies?..i figured out the cocktail napkin and what i presume are service floormats and seat covers, but that little unmarked double-ended closed plastic baggie has me at a loss...
Shifter and Ebrake? ???? :shrug:

It was VERY kind and a gesture of class, that was for sure.
!! Thanks to the provider, whomever in specific that may be? From the dealership? !!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I believe George sent us the Lotus loot. Thanks, BTW.

Had a great time yesterday at the meet. It was great meeting you all and being able to suck in that information. Wished I could've stayed longer as I wanted to find out more about your cars. I am definitely interested in the regular Garage Days, Track Days & other club events we discussed. I will undoubtedly be going to the Aug 2nd event.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Sorry I missed it. Hopefully next time.

·
2006 SportElise #9
268 Posts
Several Lotus owners are getting together at Rudy's BBQ near Sea World on August 2nd.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rudys ::Two thumbs up::

The Hill country drive meet was cool. I will be ripping a video and posting a link to it shortly for everyone.

Loti, Vipers...GT...some other cars...it was fun.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts