The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was asked if I would be interested in taking part of an independent Lotus commercial and of course I said yes!

I never knew how much time went into making movies and commercials. It took nearly 4-5 hours of filming and planning for a 30 second commercial yesterday with Johnny Luu. I had a really great time though , filming the different shots and discussing ideas really brought out the creativity out of me. It's amazing what some innovating thinking and creativity can produce. I now understand why a typical hour and a half movie takes a year to produce. Much credit goes to directors and film producers everywhere, it's definitely NOT as easy as it seems, but it's very fun work. I'll upload some behind the scene pictures :)

Here is the video!

Lotus Elise Commercial - RTZ Productions - YouTube

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Nice work, looks great and the soundtrack seems really well done for the bit I was able to catch. :clap:

·
Registered
736 Posts
Nice little flick. Would have been cool to add some high speed cornering and such like action moves to really show off the talents of Lotus cars. But none the less, good job.
I did a claymation vid wayyyy back in school as an art project. Took just over a day of doing and redoing it to finally get how little we needed to move each figure and piece to do each frame shot to have it turn out good enough. Ridiculous. Just for a 30 second bit. I wouldn't have the patience to be a director or producer.

·
Registered
675 Posts
No star shield eh?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
quite nice, but personally, i woulda gone with James Earl Jones or a similar voice for it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Wow great job Johnny and Klint. Very catchy and very professionally done. I don't expect any less from Johnny.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No star shield eh?
nope haha . This is the way i got it . ;)

quite nice, but personally, i woulda gone with James Earl Jones or a similar voice for it.
Hahah the funny thing is we were joking about that, I mentioned it to him to have James Earl Jones to do a voice over !

Wow great job Johnny and Klint. Very catchy and very professionally done. I don't expect any less from Johnny.
Thanks man!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Cool video, but sorry, the narrator sounds like a teenager.

Surely you guys know someone who can drop a 'Cool Guy Voiceover' track? Something grittier - I'm thinking Liam Neeson. Hell, these days, everyone can do an imitation of everyone.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Another thing I notice - you pressed the start button with your thumb.

Do you really do that? I thought everyone uses their pointer finger?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I use my pinky-- to keep it fancy.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Another thing I notice - you pressed the start button with your thumb.

Do you really do that? I thought everyone uses their pointer finger?
You know what, I think it's always different. I think i use my thumb most of the time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts