The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Happy Lotus Owner
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Lotus Enthusiasts:

As promised here is the update on our August 9th (Saturday) outing to NJ Motorsports Park AKA Thunderbolt Raceway.

"The Sportscar Vintage Racing Association (SVRA) race on the Thunderbolt circuit will be the Inaugural spectator weekend at New Jersey Motorsports Park. The SVRA will roar into New Jersey with the finest assortment of Vintage race cars from around the world. Expect to see historic Can-Am cars, Vintage Formula 1, and many famous Trans-Am muscle cars as you walk through the paddock. Listen to the sound of history as a blast from the past goes rushing down the front straight of Thunderbolt Raceway! Don't miss this "Historic" event! "

Our combo LEO and PALS outing includes a special Saturday-only ticket price! of $50 each.

Ticket price for this special Saturday only ticket will be $50 (the common track-only ticket costs $25). It includes:

· VIP parking area with views of the track

· Corral participants can watch the Bertil Roos driving school on Lightning

· Their day license will be waived at F1 New Jersey, our premier karting facility

· Two 15 lap sessions to raffle off for the karting facility

- Guests of PALS member and competitor Kyle Kaulback in the paddock.

Your ticket code will be LOTUS. (Sign up now so that we can Cheer for Kyle!)

click the track website and purchase your tickets now!
Welcome to New Jersey Motorsports Park
then click TICKETS under the SVRA 7 - 10 event.

Thanks to Nathan Davis of PALS for setting the special arraignments up!

I'm off to LOG this morning.

Sincerely

Atwell Haines
'88 Esprit
Succasunna, NJ
Lotus Enthusiast's Organization

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
i'll be there, and the daily karting license will be waived:shift:

·
Registered
20 Posts
and i'm confused as usual. we can also go karting while the racing is going on that day?
Absolutely! The karting facility at NJMP is separated from the the main Thunderbolt Raceway and the smaller Lightening Raceway in such a way that all can run at the same time. In fact, F1 karting at NJMP is connected to/confined within Lightning Raceway and allows for several/multiple configurations to run clockwise or counterclockwise simultaneously.

I was there several weeks ago while much was still under construction and will be working there 8.15-8.17 for the SAAC-33 convention...

... complete with open track :D

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,941 Posts
karting at NJMP is connected to/confined within Lightning Raceway and allows for several/multiple configurations to run clockwise or counterclockwise simultaneously. :D
:eek: Aren't there lots of head-on crashes???????? :panic:

rotfl

I'll be there!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
i booked my ticket so i'm in. anyone in pa want to catch up to drive down?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
What time are you guys meeting up down there. Also, how long do you guys plan on staying?

Cornbeef, I might be able to meet up with you in NJ around Philly near the turnpike. I think that's how I would go down there.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
What time are you guys meeting up down there. Also, how long do you guys plan on staying?

Cornbeef, I might be able to meet up with you in NJ around Philly near the turnpike. I think that's how I would go down there.
that works for me, the deptford mall might work; i'll take a look at a map later and find the best area around there to meet

anyone else....

·
Registered
109 Posts
that works for me, the deptford mall might work; i'll take a look at a map later and find the best area around there to meet

anyone else....
I've got my Saturday ticket but I'll probably take the southern route. Delaware Memorial Bridge to 49.
Bruce

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
so what time is everyone looking at getting there?

macdady, i'll give you a call later today or tomorrow

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Cornbeef,

If you want, I could meet up with you on Rte 55 in NJ, just south of Philly. I guess I get of the turnpike and get on that, so that would be a good place to meet up for the last 30 miles of the trip.

Looks like stuff starts around 7:30 or so, so I guess I'll try to get there around 8am or earlier (traffic also). Plus I plan on leaving around 1:30/2pm. Give me a call tonight or something.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I live 10 minutes from here. The karting facility is top-notch. A lot of fun. I haven't put my mr2 spyder on the track yet because I'm afraid it will drain my pockets. If anyone has any questions about the track, I might be able to help.

·
Premium Member
11,891 Posts
going for Sat, no idea of eta, etd. friend prepared two of the cars.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Well, looks like Cornbeef and I are meeting up at the deptford mall around 7am if anyone wants to meet up for the last 30 min leg to millville. Guess we'll be there around 7:30. C ya guys there.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts