The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all, been lurking and now a member. In the market for an Elise/Exige and should be hooked up soon. Maybe even one from the classifieds here! Currently have an M35 Sport for the DD, a trusty '99 Miata, 2 Triumph Bonnevilles and a 1989 Honda GB500 (a rescued living room queen with less than 400 miles from new).

Live in NJ, and am a member of the NJMP Driver's Club, so I hope to see some of you in Millville this summer!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
welcome! i always liked the gb500 looks.
you'll fit right in with the lotus group.
enjoy!
sam

·
Premium Member
11,993 Posts
Welcome.

Triumph Bonneville, great looking bikes

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Live in NJ, and am a member of the NJMP Driver's Club, so I hope to see some of you in Millville this summer!

Welcome to the forum.

I will be racing my Lotus formula cars at NJMP with SVRA October 1-4. Philadelphia Area Lotus Society (PALS) will likely do a Lotus Corral during the event. Consider attending, especially if you have aquired a Lotus by then.

BTW, I grew up in Toms River.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum.

I will be racing my Lotus formula cars at NJMP with SVRA October 1-4. Philadelphia Area Lotus Society (PALS) will likely do a Lotus Corral during the event. Consider attending, especially if you have aquired a Lotus by then.

BTW, I grew up in Toms River.

Kyle, thanks. We've met. Last year at NJMP. I'm an acquaintence of Holger, and you gave me a nice review of your FF. I'm working with him to pick up a Vintage race ride, and hope to join the Powerslide stable this year as well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not another Jersey owner :wallbang:

Just messing... Welcome :wave:

Bavarian, if it makes you feel any better, my wife is from Bedford, and we lived in Waccabuc as well. My Mother in law is still up there, so we are down with beautiful Westchester!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Kyle, thanks. We've met. Last year at NJMP. I'm an acquaintence of Holger, and you gave me a nice review of your FF. I'm working with him to pick up a Vintage race ride, and hope to join the Powerslide stable this year as well.
Wow, small world. I can help if you need help either with locating a Road or Race Lotus. And I really hope to see you as psrt of the Powerslide Team.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Welcome... Nice bike. I owned a CX500

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
:wave:

welcome to the forums

·
Registered
531 Posts
Welcome :wave:
My friend has a GB 500 that he rides on the track. He let me ride it once and it surprised me
they are really fun bikes.

·
Premium Member
11,993 Posts
forgot to mention, but I think you've already found it:

LEO: Lotus Enthusiasts Org, run by Atwell Haines, carbuff here. NJ, NY, eastern PA events.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Chili

Thanks to all the responders, and I am now the proud about-to- be owner of a 2006 Chili Red Elise- SS, Sport, Touring, Exige wheels, 1200 miles. I'm jazzed as can be!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Thanks to all the responders, and I am now the proud about-to- be owner of a 2006 Chili Red Elise- SS, Sport, Touring, Exige wheels, 1200 miles. I'm jazzed as can be!
Very cool, when do you take delivery?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very cool, when do you take delivery?
Gotta get it shipped in from SLC, so a few weeks. Unless I get antsy and I decide to fly and drive. Spoke to Holger yesterday, and I'm eager to get together with y'all.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Spoke to Holger yesterday, and I'm eager to get together with y'all.
I am hosting a Lotus gathering at my place tomorrow if you are inclined to come. Your car does not need to be there. The guest list includes close to 40 Lotus enthusiasts and about 20 Lotus. I'll PM you my address and contact info.

See this thread - http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f11...s-society-pals-winter-planning-meeting-68703/

If you just spoke with Holger, you probably know that Powerslide will be at the Jefferson 500, apparently with a lot of entries. I will be entering both of my cars. This would be a nice event to attend.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Welcome! Try to make it out to either the PALS or LEO events. Lotustalk is also having our annual Fish and Chips Run this April 26th in Milford N.J. Don't worry about not having a Lotus yet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts