The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, was looking for some info on key remotes. I tried every combination to search this but not really finding the answers, so sorry if this is a dumb question or if its right under my nose!

Will the new style Elise key fobs work for the '05 security system? If they do, where can I order? Is purchasing through the dealer my only option? My vehicle only came with one, and I'd like a spare. The new ones are much better quality/style so I'd like to go with that.

I was at my 'local' dealer and asked this same question, and all I got was a bunch of blank stares from Audi Techs. They had nobody that could answer any Lotus questions for me at the time. Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
Hey all, was looking for some info on key remotes. I tried every combination to search this but not really finding the answers, so sorry if this is a dumb question or if its right under my nose!

Will the new style Elise key fobs work for the '05 security system? If they do, where can I order? Is purchasing through the dealer my only option? My vehicle only came with one, and I'd like a spare. The new ones are much better quality/style so I'd like to go with that.

I was at my 'local' dealer and asked this same question, and all I got was a bunch of blank stares from Audi Techs. They had nobody that could answer any Lotus questions for me at the time. Thanks for the help.
In a nutshell, no the new alarm key fobs will not work on the early cars. The only fobs that will work on the '05 are the 2 button Cobra fobs marked 7777 on the back cover.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick response guys. Guess I'll be hitting Ebay.

Oh, and by new, I meant the 2008 models. Much classier keys/remotes.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey Viper, do you have the documentation that came with your car for the 2008/09 alarm programming? I can not find any where.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The information that is in the owners manual is for the cobra alarm. The Cobra alarm is not installed on the 08 model year Exige. I had an 05 Elise, and I can tell you it is a completely different system, than the 08 model.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Yes it is different, but I would have thought it would be in a 2008 handbook. You mean they supplied you with a 2005 handbook for a 2008?
The information that is in the owners manual is for the cobra alarm. The Cobra alarm is not installed on the 08 model year Exige. I had an 05 Elise, and I can tell you it is a completely different system, than the 08 model.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Hey Viper, do you have the documentation that came with your car for the 2008/09 alarm programming? I can not find any where.
I have the '08MY new system suppliment. If you cannot find it elsewhere, let me know & I can scan & send a copy to you.

Cheers,
-Grant

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
i wonder if the 2010 new key fobs that were describved in the press release will be interchangeable to the earlier model years.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Scrumpot, that would be great if you could do that for me. If you want to send me a PM, I can give you my e-mail address. You are the only one that I know of that actually got the supplement. The owners manual that I got was exactly the same as my 05 Elise manual.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts