The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I don't have a Lotus car. I have a 1990 ZR-1 Corvette which has the Lotus designed LT-5 monster. Only 6,939 were built. Not many of them around. I know only a few in the Houston area and have become good friends with the owners but thats about it. And as far as the exoticness of it goes" I don't consider an american made car exotic. As far as being rare/unique, yes. And it does have Lotus genes. Anyway this looks like a very nice site that the people on the site actually own what there talking about not an 18 year old dreaming about it. Some pics.

At the sealy drag strip.

I ran [email protected] bone stock in the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...nice car, welcome aboard!..

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Hi....welcome!!

:wave:

·
Registered
531 Posts
Welcome :wave:

Awesome car! I have always loved the ZR-1, they have the best looking V8 ever. I could just stare at that engine for hours. :drool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know. It looks huge but its just a 350ci. I'm in the middle of porting and polishing the plenum and injector housings right now. I do all of my own work to it. I should be done in a week or so.

The plenum and injector housings after I got done opening the ports up to 36mm CNC machining them. I'll do the rest by hand.

Injector housings.

This mod is usually good for another 40hp. After that some headers and thats it. But then again I've learned to never say never.:cool:

·
Registered
409 Posts
This mod is usually good for another 40hp. After that some headers and thats it. But then again I've learned to never say never.:cool:
Aint that the truth! Told myself the last car i bought i would never mod and keep it for a reliable DD...that lasted about a whole 2 months.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Not bad for a 19 year old car. The first Zo6's were toe to toe with it until about 166mph and then the ZR-1 would wave by by to it and head on up to 180. But eventually the 505hp Zo6 dethroned it. But it took chevy 16 years to finally out do it which says allot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts