The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been testing a new header from Larini on our Katana Exige. The sound and quality are great! Manifold primaries are 1 7/8” stepped up to to 2”.

We will soon be getting a new muffler that is designed specifically for the forced induction cars this week. They boast a straight through design with 2.5" pipe and will work with the stock diffuser. Here are some pix to preview....

Attachments

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Now that's a solution that I can :drool: about! What's the noise level relative to the other solutions (stock included). I want something better sounding than stock, but not crazy...

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now that's a solution that I can :drool: about! What's the noise level relative to the other solutions (stock included). I want something better sounding than stock, but not crazy...

I anticipate it will not be too loud. We ran the header and a straight pipe with the 8" Larini last Monday on track. It is really great. Several guys on the forum heard it and posted on the other recentr Larini threads.

I'll report back once we get the muffler - should be this week!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Is this only for the exige S? I would love to hear how this would sound with my larini sport and larini de cat on elise

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Shinoo, how does that muffler differ from the Arqray Twin? That's the muffler I have on my car and it sounds great with the Katana.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
dyno for the header for sure (header with stock cat & exhaust). I'm looking to get one in a few months.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Well if it fits 2bular, makes decent #s on the dyno, has a bung for wideband O2, comes in at a decent price, and comes out soon I'm in! That's not too much to ask is it?

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
what's the weight savings of the header? or what does the Larini header weigh?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello to all :)
I am Italian excuse my English :wallbang:
I bought the exhaust system for Larini Exige S with the configuration through pictures.
The sound is exceptional ! :eek:
But manifold not touched perfectly with the engine and had to be milling. :rolleyes:
The lambda sport cat ago turn the spy engine and sends the EFI in recovery
I I tried with spacers but without any success. :mad:
Probably, I have to change the attack cat stocks and mount it instead of sport kat. :(
Can you help?
Thank you :)

Attachments

·
Registered
894 Posts
The bad thing with muffler kit is we don't have the sound level, which I really need. Here we have few tracks with sound limitation, typically, 92 dBa, at 50 ft, full gas, full rpm...

It should be nice to have those data.

·
Registered
18 Posts
;1039986 said:
Let me contact Larini.
Many thanks shinoo :)
The reader OBDII says: "error bench 1- mixed lean"
Larini say you should reset, and then go slowly for about 150 km
so the EFI record the new values and gets used.
Today, I tried what says Larini and LED engine will not turn. :nanner:
I hope good :rolleyes:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Domenico, don't worry, Larini is already working on this for you.

We think there might be a problem with one of the Oxygen sensors. When the OBD reader says Mixture lean, there might be a faulty reading from one of the sensors.

That's the reason why I asked to you if you are able to take live readings from the O2 sensors with your OBD reader. If so, you can actually see if something strange happens. (like if the complete reading steps up or down in some sort of an offset, which can cause the ECU to go nutters)

I'll write an email to you with a more detailed explanation :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Domenico, don't worry, Larini is already working on this for you.

We think there might be a problem with one of the Oxygen sensors. When the OBD reader says Mixture lean, there might be a faulty reading from one of the sensors.

That's the reason why I asked to you if you are able to take live readings from the O2 sensors with your OBD reader. If so, you can actually see if something strange happens. (like if the complete reading steps up or down in some sort of an offset, which can cause the ECU to go nutters)

I'll write an email to you with a more detailed explanation :)
Ok Yvo :)
Today do the reading of the values of two sensors OBD,
before and after the reset, after I know you.
Thanks for your patience and availability ;)
I am confident in a solution :)
Domenico

1 - 20 of 31 Posts