The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed my LED tail light replacement project today. It came out better than I expected! I posted a video on YouTube. I needed all new tail lights for the Silver 05' Elise I am working on so I worked this as an option to OEM. I like them so much I put a set in my Chrome Orange 05' Elise. I can produce these for others if there is any interest.

Thanks for watching....

Attachments

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I took this video at dusk because my attempts to film in the dark did not work well. Does anyone have any tips on the best way to film very bright object in the dark?
Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I added up the numbers and I think I can put together a full kit for around $250 for anyone interested. There are other possible configurations too.
  • Silver inner/silver outer as in the video. (my favorite) Outer does all functions except B/U lights.
  • Red mirrored outer/silver inner. Same function as above, just changes the color of the outside lens.
  • Red mirror outer/Red mirror inner/additional LED light for B/U functions. Would have the same functionality as the standard Lotus lights but moves the B/U to a seperate light fixture
I have not done the last configuration but it would be simple to find an additional B/U light to mount above the license plate. Wiring to that light would be simple. I can put up videos for configuration 2 if there is any interest. Option 3 might take a little more work because I would need to source that fixture. I had no plans to go that route on my cars.
Thanks for the interest.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reviving this thread. I can do kits for $225 because prices went down on the supplies. Anyone interested? Complete kit with 4 lights and wiring harness. Plug and play, just unplug yours and plug in these.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry, I missed the post by Yue Du. I will try to make a video in the next few days. I will PM both of you when I have it up on YouTube.
Happy New Year,
RL

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you do make a video, can you please post a link? I'm sure others would like to see it as well.

Thanks for developing new products for our cars!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you do make a video, can you please post a link? I'm sure others would like to see it as well.

Thanks for developing new products for our cars!
I certainly will. I will be putting it on YouTube, just like I did with the original mirrored option.

Happy New Year! :grin2:

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, finally got the video up for the Red Type 2 tail lights at
The lights are actually very very red but the video does not capture that. The original tail lights posted are now termed Type 1 because they were the original. Hope you like them!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You are correct and very observant. These require a extra backup light. I ordered the oval version of these and will mount/wire it up when it comes in. I'll post photos then.

·
* Acme Super Moderator * ** The Enforcer **
6,754 Posts
You are correct and very observant. These require a extra backup light. I ordered the oval version of these and will mount/wire it up when it comes in. I'll post photos then.
Thanks. I prefer the red version myself. I think your pricing is very reasonable.

Thanks for posting the cigarette plug to USB ports and voltage indicator modification thread. That should probably be a sticky in the Uberpost.

San

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks. I prefer the red version myself. I think your pricing is very reasonable.

Thanks for posting the cigarette plug to USB ports and voltage indicator modification thread. That should probably be a sticky in the Uberpost.

San
That would be cool. How do I do that? :smile2:

·
* Acme Super Moderator * ** The Enforcer **
6,754 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
73 Posts
These lights look great, I like the Type 2. I will likely be contacting you to order a set in the next couple months. Interested to see how you do the reverse lights.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts