The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gang,

I just got back to my hotel room and Clyde Shepherd from Lotus Cars USA told me at the show this afternoon that Laser Blue has been added to the Lifesyle color options. This announcement was made yesterday at the show by Lotus Cars USA.

With that said Make Mine Laser Blue Please !!!!!!!!

Mitch #14 at Huntingridge Motors

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
you know what, you just reminded me of something else Nick A. told me at the show.

He said that he believed that in general, the color choices would change for each model year, and that the Lifestyle colors would change every 6 months!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Uh oh. :eek:

Let's see- it's now January, and I'm #38 at my dealer; Graphite Grey may or may not be available by the time my order finally gets spec'd! Yikes.

6 months of production for a color sounds awfully short...

What I heard Nick say at the show was that "lifestyle colors would probably come and go every year", but if they had to reprint the order guides every 6 months, that sounds a little extreme!

I'll bet even if they add colors mid year, that a given color sticks around for a year or so. But then again I'm just speculating like everybody else while we kill time waiting for our cars! Man, this is going to be a painfully long wait... :p

-Knute

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Talk about good news, bad news.

I wanted Lotus to offer a light blue, since I really like the pictures I've seen of Ice Blue and Lazer Blue Elises.

However, I don't really want to pay $1200 extra for a color. And I'm reluctant to choose a color that I haven't seen in person. And Saffron Yellow looks great! And what about interior colors - magnetic blue + touring package offers Biscuit or Black, so perhaps lazer blue will also; but would it look good with biscuit.

Ironically, when I asked Clyde about light blue last Friday at the auto show, he told me that they made a big push for lazer blue, but it was not going to happen. Things change fast around here.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know about the other lifestyle colors, but as fare as Lazer Blue goes Clyde did tell me that it won't be around for long, it could very well be six months I don't know. I will ask him. If you want Laser Blue I would suggest you order very soon.

Mitch ( In LA for show and loving every minute of it )

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jml1952 said:
Talk about good news, bad news.

Ironically, when I asked Clyde about light blue last Friday at the auto show, he told me that they made a big push for lazer blue, but it was not going to happen. Things change fast around here.
Yeh I guess things do happen quickly. This was all new news to me. Clyde said that Lazer Blue was announced as a lifestyle color on Thursday Jan. 8th at the LA show. I am very happy about this since I have personally seen this color on a car in Austalia and I just love it.

Mitch

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
hermanslotus said:
I don't know about the other lifestyle colors, but as fare as Lazer Blue goes Clyde did tell me that it won't be around for long, it could very well be six months I don't know. I will ask him. If you want Laser Blue I would suggest you order very soon.

Mitch ( In LA for show and loving every minute of it )
Not exactly up to us, is it? :D

I heard that Clyde had the flu, perhaps he was feverish and hallucinating?

Mitch - Do you recall what color interior the Lazer Blue car had that you saw? I'm imagining that black would look very nice, but I'm seriously interested in biscuit after seeing that green/biscuit combo at the show. So, are you going for Lazer Blue? Thanks.

Michael

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Wonder if I can get my deposit back so I can wait 6 months for the next batch of colors in case there's one I like better.

But...........then in 6 months I have to wait in case the NEXT batch had a better color.

I'll NEVER get a fricken car!

OH THE HUMANITY!

·
Registered
113 Posts
new old color?

Funny- I asked about Laser Blue last Sunday when I was at the LA show. Its an old color they said and they were 'tired' of it. My reply was we (in the US) haven't seen any colors, so it looked great to me. great news- its my choice.....add either black or bisquit leather, goes great with all the aluminum (err...aluminuiumum...)

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Maybe if we push hard enough we'll get alcantera, it'll look great on the lazer blue.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jml1952 said:

Mitch - Do you recall what color interior the Lazer Blue car had that you saw? I'm imagining that black would look very nice, but I'm seriously interested in biscuit after seeing that green/biscuit combo at the show. So, are you going for Lazer Blue? Thanks.

Michael
The car I saw and drove down under had a blue/black suede interior. It was awesome looking. I wish we could get that over here, but I don't think lotus is going to offer this interior at least not for now.

Mitch

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
hermanslotus said:
The car I saw and drove down under had a blue/black suede interior. It was awesome looking. I wish we could get that over here, but I don't think lotus is going to offer this interior at least not for now.

Mitch
Lotus determined that the alcantera interior would not hold up well in the US. I would'nt look for it to be available any time soon.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I was told that there maybe a blue leather option added. It don't know how light the blue is but I think I would want black inside with some blue here and there.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
_JD_ said:
Lotus determined that the alcantera interior would not hold up well in the US. I would'nt look for it to be available any time soon.
:( That's ashame, The Blue alcantera I saw in Australia on a Lazer Blue car looked amazing!!! The door panals and the seats were all Blue alcantera that matched the Lazer Blue color of the car. When I return home from the LA show I will check my photos and post them.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Samurai said:
I was told that there maybe a blue leather option added. It don't know how light the blue is but I think I would want black inside with some blue here and there.
At the LA show on Friday Clyde did tell me that there would be a blue leather option. He did not have any photo's at the show.

I am personally going for Lazer Blue with black interior. It should look fine. I do wish they offered the Blue alcantera like the rest of the world gets. Oh well can't have everything:(

Mitch

1 - 20 of 34 Posts