The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two questions for our more Lotus-connected friends:

- When will new lifestyle colors be introduced?
- How does Lotus make the decisions on which colors will be offered to which countries? For example, why do we get krypton green (let alone aztec bronze) but not aqua blue?

It's my understanding the current offering of lifestyle colors is for a limited time only, but does this mean they'll hold for the model year? A sooner switchover? Later?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Just my opinion: I would'nt look for Lotus to switch up the color range as they hinted they would until well into '05 calendar/'06 model year. I think they have more pressing issues at the moment.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Lotus plans to introduce new colors each year, some will go away and new ones will be offered. Look for a new shade of black in 2005.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I heard directly from an unreliable source (the other voice in my head), that they'll be offering tiger striped :D
<<-------

:clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Aside from Randy, that voice in your head is one of our best sources of information when it comes to Lotus!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
James A said:
Look for a new shade of black in 2005.
A new shade of black. Doesn't something seem terribly wrong with that concept??? :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
usofrob said:
I heard directly from an unreliable source (the other voice in my head), that they'll be offering tiger striped :D
<<-------

:clap: :clap: :clap:
I actually would buy that in a heartneat. I'll leave you to guess why.;)

·
Registered
347 Posts
huggy bear said:
I heard that they were adding a white or pearl white for the US market.
White, white, white, white...

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
..its CHROME YELLOW .. yup, thats the new color for sure! oh, wait... forget about it if its only available AFTER i get my car :) BLACK WHEELS?!?!?!!?!? please!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
pinmagic said:
A new shade of black. Doesn't something seem terribly wrong with that concept??? :D
I thought it sounded odd when I read it, too. But there really are different shades of black. For example, the black that Subaru used for the '02 WRX has a slightly blueish tint that is especially obvious in the sun, and looks very nice. The black on the STi ('04) has gold pigments, which makes it look kind of brownish, which IMHO is ugly.

As for color requests, I might have gone for a lighter yellow if it was available.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
usofrob said:
Hmmm.... I know a place down the street from me where I might be able to get a good deal on material for matching seat covers, they just have a few bullet holes in them..... Now where did I put the number for that Tarzan actor guy?:eek:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
pinmagic said:
Indeed. Too many already (black and grey).

White.
Aqua.
Ice Blue.
Lightning Yellow.
Pink.
Gold.
Ruby Red.
Lavendar.

·
Registered
291 Posts
pinmagic said:
No. Lotus in the only prestigious company to offer only one black. BMW, Porsche, etc. all offer a choice between metallic black and non-metallic black.

Metallic black implies that there is a tint. No two metallic blacks are the same.

It would make sense for them to add a jet black to the list.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I would have thought a classis British Racing Green would need to be a choice also...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Pearl White

I'd definitely vote for Pearl White. I had an Audi Cabriolet in that color and loved it. Easy to keep clean, didn't show chips and nicks, interesting to look at, and unique. It's a three step paint process so it costs a little more but well worth it IMO.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Re: Pearl White

adriver said:
I'd definitely vote for Pearl White. I had an Audi Cabriolet in that color and loved it. Easy to keep clean, didn't show chips and nicks, interesting to look at, and unique. It's a three step paint process so it costs a little more but well worth it IMO.
White, white, white...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts