The Lotus Cars Community banner

Guesses on the new Lotus lineup

• Some gas only without manual option

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm guessing the cheapest option will be an ICE only vehicle and will have a manual. The higher performance versions will be hybrid and may or may not have a manual depending on the implementation.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My guess is only ICE offering will be a hybrid that is based on the Volvo Polestar 1 powertrain, which will mean huge gains but also a big pricetag, with the cheaper options all electric.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I'm guessing all Volvo engines, with base and mid models having Lotus-tuned versions of the 250 bhp and 310 bhp 2.0 liter fours, respectively. Top of the line may have Polestar hybrid or perhaps higher state of tune turbo/supercharged Volvo four. All electric Lotus is being developed with Alpine so they can share costs of doing so from what I read. These are supposed to debut later than the 131 models that have been indicated as Elise/Exige/Evora replacements. I think Lotus and other manufacturers in Europe are hedging their bets, as legislators may bite off more than they can chew trying to go all-electric new cars by 2030. Many families in Europe don't have the kind of garage access that we do in this country, so charging may be a challenge at home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts