The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at The Calgary new car show today. At the Weissach display they had a sign up announcing they will be opening a new dealership in Calgary in the Spring of 2014. :cool: I believe it will carry some of their other lines like Lambo, etc.; not sure about Porsche. The architectural rendering of the building looked substantial, with a very prominent Lotus sign.

Their display was pretty good, with a couple of Lambo's, Bugatti, and two Evora's.

They mentioned it has been in the works for several years, but they were having difficulty finding a suitable location that they could get zoned for a dealership. In order to support Lotus in our area they have been bringing in their tech team to a local independent every six months or so. A full service dealership will be an excellent development.

They are also hopeful one of the proposals for a new track in the Calgary area work out. Hoping to be able to book Track Days similar to their Lower Mainland activities.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Shat! Missed it. Where was everyone with the heads up on this one? :confused: LOL.
Thanks for the info though on the dealership. It's definitely needed as there is quite a large customer base of Weissach that are from Alberta.....including us on here.
Congrats Weissach. Thanks for stepping over to our side of the border. :up:

·
Registered
161 Posts
This will be a great addition and yes, considering the number of customers they support from Alberta it seems overdue. Sounds like they're getting a nice space for it, too.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Good of them to add a sister shop to their family, rather than close one to set up shop somewhere else and starve out one area.
Only having three Lotus dealers across all of Canada is a mess. This at least makes 4 places within 3 dealers across Canada to acquire one and service one. Should be successful for them.
I think if the other Lotus dealers followed suit or if there were more and different dealers, there'd be more popularity, sales, and education of the brand for the rest of the country to enjoy.
It's brutal when I get asked what kind of car that is, and I answer "Lotus", and they respond, "Who makes that?" :shrug: :rolleyes: I guess if ya don't know, ya don't know
People getting the Exige mixed up with an Elise is at least a step up from that.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In the Southeast.

The actual address and new commercial subdivision road does not come up in Google Maps yet. Subdivision is on the east side of Blackfoot Trail immediately south of Heritage Drive. Up on the bluff above the Deerfoot Meadows Shopping Centre (IKEA, Walmart, etc.).

8280-8320 Blackfoot Trail SE, Calgary, AB T2J 0T2, Canada

Google Maps Link:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=50.9...09,-114.048343&spn=0.015806,0.038581&t=m&z=15

Stu

·
Registered
622 Posts
I like that location, just off the Dearfoot 500:) They mentioned they wanted to build a Calgary location back when I bought my Exige in '07. I think they have/are selling quite a few Lambos into Alberta lately, I've been seeing a ton around this year.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Any updates on the Weissach Calgary location? My Elise should be coming out of hibernation in the next couple of weeks, and it would be a shorter drive to Calgary than Vancouver for service.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Spoke with the guys at the Calgary Auto Show a few weeks ago. They are scheduled to open late May, and are proceeding with staffing ,etc. The opening might slip a bit depending on how the construction schedule works out.

I drive by the location once a week, so will put another photo up shortly, hopefully with the Esprit in the shot. Some exterior walls and windows are up, but looks like more than a month's work to me! :) Realistically you might want to make other plans for Spring commissioning; looks like an early season this year. :)

Stu

·
Registered
736 Posts
And cool to see Weissach stepping up to be a Koenigsegg dealer as well. Wonder who's going to be the first one with it and where?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have an appointment there to have my oil line recall performed in the middle of June.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Cool Byron. Get in touch if you need anything or want to get beer.

We are planning to attend the 'Brit's Best' show in Radium June 19th to 21st, which might be a fun detour if the timing works for you. :)

Stu

·
Registered
54 Posts
Cool Byron. Get in touch if you need anything or want to get beer.

We are planning to attend the 'Brit's Best' show in Radium June 19th to 21st, which might be a fun detour if the timing works for you. :)

Stu
Thxs but I'm working on those days but keep me in mind if you do anymore trips and that beer sounds great I'll look you up for sure!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Got an email update from Lamborghini Calgary, which I take to be the actual name of the new dealership. A few updates...

...In addition to the Lamborghini, Lotus and Koenigsegg brands, our new home will house the Weissach brand of perfect pre-owned Porsche cars and a unique selection of pre-owned sports and luxury SUVs.....

...We anticipate both floors of this beautiful showroom to be fully functional by mid-May. Our service department will be open as of May 18, 2015 and we invite you to schedule a service appointment with us for your Lamborghini, Lotus or Porsche.....

....we celebrate the opening of our new store on Thursday July 2, 2015
Rendering of the new building attached.

Here is a link to a web page; just a count down clock so far.

http://www.lamborghinicalgary.com/

Stu

Attachments

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did a drive-by today. Lots of progress. Elevator to the upper show room is in. The service area floors are curing, planning lift installation in a few days. Although the landscaping and paving will run into June, it looks like service will be open pretty much on schedule.

Cheers!

Stu

·
Registered
736 Posts
So has anyone here had their Lotus through the service dept at the new location yet? How are they looking and doing? Anyone transfer from the Van location, or all new people/techs?
Got an invite for a July 2nd grand opening (but cannot go), but I'd imagine they are already open now?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yup, they are now open with several Lambo's in the show room. I recognized Michael Menchelli (sales & leasing) from Vancouver; don't know his role at the new store though.

Have not had any service done there yet, but the local independent I have been going to with the Esprit has got some parts from them. I think the service department has four lift bays. When I was by two weeks ago they had an Evora in for service. Was a Saturday afternoon so service wasn't staffed and running.

I will be checking out the Grand Opening on Thursday.

Stu

1 - 20 of 25 Posts