The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it looks like my prayers to the great Lotus gods have been answered. :nanner2: While driving by the Mall at Millenia today, I noticed Lotus on the sign at the new dealership beside the Mercedes Benz dealership (it's also a SMART and Infinity dealership, and Aston Martin is also in there as well). I had no idea it was even in the works. Does anyone know when it will open? Frankly I'm rather surprised I haven't seen details on here first....

Cheers,
-Justyn

·
Registered
424 Posts
Sweet - When I was at Hethel a few weeks ago I asked the question, and instead of a No, I got a no comment. The guy that owns the dealer is pretty cool, he also own the Orlando Infiniti dealer. If it really is a Lotus dealer...in Orlando...holy crap! :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was a
on the dealership sign in front of the building, so that's definitely a good sign! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Hopefully others can chime in if they know anything. :)

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I was going to post about this and let people know about a month ago but I never got around to it. Aston Martin owns that building and gave permission for this to sell Lotus cars but they technically cant put any of them on the show room floor. It is still 2 more months before this takes place.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I assume they will be able to provide service though...:)

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Yeah they will be able to.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Awesome news! I'm only 40 minutes from that dealer so that will beat driving up to Jax to have stuff done for service. I've always wondered why there was no dealer in Orlando. Hopefully the shop rates will be reasonable. Even if they are a little more than World Imports, it will beat the 2.5 hour drive.

·
Registered
33 Posts
So our little test drive sealed the deal, eh? :clap::shift:
Haha yeah Amelia's kinda getting annoyed because every minute I'm talking about the lotus or I'm explaining to her how much faster and louder the lotus will be compared to the mini :nanner: Everyday I'm slowly breaking down to just not care anymore about possibly going broke with it and just getting it and being super happy rotfl

·
Registered
161 Posts
Haha yeah Amelia's kinda getting annoyed because every minute I'm talking about the lotus or I'm explaining to her how much faster and louder the lotus will be compared to the mini :nanner: Everyday I'm slowly breaking down to just not care anymore about possibly going broke with it and just getting it and being super happy rotfl
Dude, you will have way more fun in the Lotus. I just sold my 05 MINI Cooper S Cabrio which was heavily modified, sold my 67 Austin Mini, and our 08 MINI Clubman S. The Lotus is way more fun in my opinion. And their dealers treat you better too. Don't get me wrong, the MINI is a fun little car, but there is no comparison to the fun factor of the Lotus. By the way, your thread name looks familiar. Were you on Sunshine MINIs too?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yep sure am :) you on there? Yeah I'm having issues with the company/dealer already with MINI...stuff is pending with that and depending on how that goes I could be getting a lotus. Love driving the car, but have a sour taste and dislike for the company itself for not backing their own cars, possibly taking advantage since I'm only 20 (19 when I bought it).

Has yours been treating you alright? Cost much more to upkeep compared to your MINI if oil changes and service is done by self rather than paying mechanic?

Dude, you will have way more fun in the Lotus. I just sold my 05 MINI Cooper S Cabrio which was heavily modified, sold my 67 Austin Mini, and our 08 MINI Clubman S. The Lotus is way more fun in my opinion. And their dealers treat you better too. Don't get me wrong, the MINI is a fun little car, but there is no comparison to the fun factor of the Lotus. By the way, your thread name looks familiar. Were you on Sunshine MINIs too?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Went to cheescake factory for dinner tonight and saw the new sign. It's actually connected to the Infinity dealer. The Smart cars were also there. There was also a large sign for Aston Marton.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Went to cheescake factory for dinner tonight and saw the new sign. It's actually connected to the Infinity dealer. The Smart cars were also there. There was also a large sign for Aston Marton.

Can't wait until it finally opens! :popcorn:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
The cars will indeed be apart of the Aston Martin store. The sign was just put up because they wanted to even though things are about 95% completed now with a new 3 month timetable. I got this updated info a few days ago.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had heard about this when I was at Dew Motorcars in Tampa, and I am glad it should be opening just in time for the next oil change! 30 minutes beats an hour drive.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts