The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After over 7 years of always admiring the S2 Lotus Elise I finally found my own. I am from a small town called London in the southeast portion of Kentucky. The first and only other Elise that has ever been in this town was back in 2005 and it sold quickly. Seven years later a friend of mine picked one up at an Adessa auction in Oh and gave me a call because he had heard me mention really wanting one before. Within 24 hours of the call I was the very proud new owner of a gently used 2005 titanium grey Elise.

Guys I can't explain how much this car has exceeded my expectations. I've been a Nissan Z car, BMW and Corvette guy most of my life but this thing blew my mind. I've driven a ton of cars and when everyone asks what the Lotus is like driving I simply respond that I have never driven anything like it to compare it to :eek:

I've only had the car for about a week and every day that I wake up and hop in it, I fall in love with it all over again. I really hope that feeling lasts.

Lastly if there are any Lotus owners in the area on here please let me know. Also I would love to know of any Lotus events/meets off of I75 north or south. As for now I am probably going to be reading threads on here till the wee hours of the morning!:crazyeyes

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Congratulations! Yep, once bitten you are done. You are hooked :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys I really appreciate it! It's one of the first cars that I wasn't thinking about tons of mods for the first day I had it. It's so perfect exactly the way it is I really wouldn't want to change much for a while. The only thing that's even crossed my mind is an exhaust. But after owning several turbo cars, stock and built, I have a feeling that forced induction will be the center of my Lotus research after a year or so of owning it.

I have been watching videos of the Janspeed stage 2 exhausts and REALLY love the sound. Does anywhere know where you can get the best trusted deal on one? Also what other good exhausts are out there for these cars? It's not that the stock one sounds bad but I really love the sound of a free flowing setup on these cars.

I am also currently looking for a new keyfob and keyfob case. I have only one right now and the rubber buttons are both missing but the remote itself works fine.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Congrats. I've had the car for 3 weeks now and put close to 3000 miles on it. Just went for a 30 minute drive, and came back all smiles, if that tells you anything about that "WOW" feeling

·
Registered
47 Posts
Congratulations on your new love affair! My heart goes pitter pat everytime I walk out to the garage. I am finding myself going out there for the strangest reasons, ha ha. I have to chew gum when I drive it so that I settle down. This little car has my heart bound up in nylon string.

Enjoy your little beauty in good health. Once again congratulations.

·
Premium Member
5,194 Posts
Do some research before deciding on which supercharger. You also should go to some meets and talk to people about them. Find come up on the classifieds and are also available from vendors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts