The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As with many other Lotus owners out there, i'm sure you are getting really excited about the prospect of the new Esprit..

Hopefully the new one will be completly up to date with latest Monocoque chassis design, allowing for greater handling ontop of blistering performance (175mph +)

Lets just hope with the new design, latest creature comforts & powertrain choice this car doesn't turn out to be to heafty in the weight department.

What are you guys hoping from this new model ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check out the Lotus factory website. The Evora, as it will be called, looks stunning and with plenty of creature comforts at a reasonably light weight. I'm guessing it will be a blast to drive and a car you can drive every day.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
cutting edge styling on par with lambo, performance through light weight and high horse power!

thats all.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
i just want it to have carpeting...

·
Registered
169 Posts
for an extra 10 pounds sure...

Why would you put carpets in a Lotus? If I had an Evora, it'd have 2 power windows, a driver's seat, and that's about it...

·
Registered
582 Posts
for an extra 10 pounds sure...

Why would you put carpets in a Lotus? If I had an Evora, it'd have 2 power windows, a driver's seat, and that's about it...
Unfortunately, the Evora has all of that and MUCH MUCH MORE.
Evora is going after CL, Granturisimo, right?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
god i hope so.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,638 Posts
The next Esprit will have a central tub made of extruded, bonded and rivited aluminum, just like the Evora (the VVA architecture). There will be a roll structure added to the central tub. The front subframe will be replaceable, made of the same materials and contain the small luggage compartment and twin radiators, making up the front crash structure. The replaceable rear subframe will be made of galvanized steel (for strength) and longitudinally hold a V8 or V10 engine. The body will once again be composite (fiberglass). The wheel base will be very close to the Evora's, the rear overhang will be slightly longer than the Evora's, but the front overhang will be quiet longer.

All of this information was provided by Roger Becker at the LOG 28 banquet.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
you were supposed to be drinking when he was giving that speech.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,638 Posts
you were supposed to be drinking when he was giving that speech.
I was. :D It helps that I was sitting right in front of the projection screen and speaker. I wish I had thought to take some pictures of those slides.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
...and if you come to LOG 29 where the Evora will be, maybe you'll get a presentation on the Esprit like we all got on the Evora this year.... (which was pretty sweet, especially the crash test parts. And then the posters they gave us from the British Motor Show release were pretty sweet as well- many of which left with autographs from Roger Becker, Clive Chapman, etc)
I'm not saying you will. But I know you won't if you aren't there.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I want:

- Styling with significant callbacks to the Esprit V8-- it's a 30 year old design that could use some freshening, but should remain true to itself. I don't want to see an Elise rehash.

- Power. Lots of. TT V8, 450+ ponies.

- Manual gearbox. (Should be a no-brainer for Lotus)

- Similar weight to the old V8. I'm not expecting 2800 pounds, but I also don't want to see 3400+.

- Updated version of the AP brakes on the late V8s, maybe even a carbon/ceramic setup.

- Priced in the 120-140k range that Ferrari and Lambo don't care about.

(And completely pie in the sky, but: Lotus-built engine.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Since it'll be created using the Evora platform with wider/longer chassis... please oh god don't use that ugly rear styling... the front is quite nice, but the back killed it. The Esprit rendering looks waaaaay better.

>

This with Evora-like front.... hell yes! Gimme Lotus Exige-like handling and 0-60 faster than Nissan GT-R which is @ mainstream pricing with supercar speed.

What I think:
Lotus wants hybrid in it's Esprit. And it's obvious it'll be Toyota. Go to this website.
Toyota's concept car, the FT-HS. 400 hybrid HP V6 doing 0-60 in 4 second. Give it Lotus-tweak and 550+ HP. 0-60 under 4 with acceptable MPG...

How am I gonna get this car?
I work @ a PD, doing crazy bull**** overtime just to hope I can get an Esprit one day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts