The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mid-line 300 hp Lotus spied in Autoexpress

The only pictures now are in the print Autoexpress- rumored to be a $40K-pounds/ 300hp expandable to 2+2 configuration. It's slated to fit between the Elise and the Esprit replacement.

Seems many in the UK are dismissing the rumor as "more of the same rubbish" from a less than respectable mag.

[EDIT - merged duplicate threads - MattG]

·
Registered
206 Posts
Jeese, Ihaven't even gotten my Elise yet and there's now another Lotus for me to covet and lust after? I'm going to need to get another job to pay for all these cars...

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
The Elise looks friendly; that new one looks pissed off! -eek-

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
that looks good!

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Looks like a mix between the elise/exige S2 body and the VX220
(built by Lotus) aka opel speedster

·
Banned
901 Posts
Tony Shute of Lotus in The UK told us at LOG last year, the VVA platfrom (Elsie platform) would be used for a variety of Lotus car configurations including a front engined GT before an Esprit replacement. Kind of looks RX8ish from the front.

Mark (Esprit Boy) Pfeffer

·
Registered
591 Posts
Transio, I belive they said that is a two seater, but a 2+2 may be developed off it as well.

Greg

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I wouldn't read too much into these pictures. With the Elise's chassis design, any body could be fitted to a test mule, so with the launch of this car so far out, this could easily be a decoy. The real car may end up looking very different.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
I don't dislike it... but it does sort of look like a Mazda.
It does look like a p.o.'ed RX8, doesn't it. :)

$40K, that's in the Elise's price range -but I guess it would be a different market segment (kind of like the RX8 and the Miata Turbo).

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Thats 40,000 pounds not dollars. So it fills in between the Elise and the Esprit. I like it, would have to see more angles. Isn't AutoExpress the mag notorious for bad info?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Donovan said:
Thats 40,000 pounds not dollars. So it fills in between the Elise and the Esprit. I like it, would have to see more angles. Isn't AutoExpress the mag notorious for bad info?
I would think that if this car were produced it would be to replace the esprit wouldn't it? They said this car was being made to directly compete with the noble...

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
I think it looks like an RX8. I'll take the elise please. :)

and yes it also looks like the "attack". I dont like the attack either, I think it looks like a fiero kit car gone awry.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts