The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mid-line 300 hp Lotus spied in Autoexpress

The only pictures now are in the print Autoexpress- rumored to be a $40K-pounds/ 300hp expandable to 2+2 configuration. It's slated to fit between the Elise and the Esprit replacement.

Seems many in the UK are dismissing the rumor as "more of the same rubbish" from a less than respectable mag.

[EDIT - merged duplicate threads - MattG]

·
Banned
901 Posts
Tony Shute of Lotus in The UK told us at LOG last year, the VVA platfrom (Elsie platform) would be used for a variety of Lotus car configurations including a front engined GT before an Esprit replacement. Kind of looks RX8ish from the front.

Mark (Esprit Boy) Pfeffer

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I wouldn't read too much into these pictures. With the Elise's chassis design, any body could be fitted to a test mule, so with the launch of this car so far out, this could easily be a decoy. The real car may end up looking very different.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
I don't dislike it... but it does sort of look like a Mazda.
It does look like a p.o.'ed RX8, doesn't it. :)

$40K, that's in the Elise's price range -but I guess it would be a different market segment (kind of like the RX8 and the Miata Turbo).

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Thats 40,000 pounds not dollars. So it fills in between the Elise and the Esprit. I like it, would have to see more angles. Isn't AutoExpress the mag notorious for bad info?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Donovan said:
Thats 40,000 pounds not dollars. So it fills in between the Elise and the Esprit. I like it, would have to see more angles. Isn't AutoExpress the mag notorious for bad info?
I would think that if this car were produced it would be to replace the esprit wouldn't it? They said this car was being made to directly compete with the noble...

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
I think it looks like an RX8. I'll take the elise please. :)

and yes it also looks like the "attack". I dont like the attack either, I think it looks like a fiero kit car gone awry.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts